I have had blackberrys for about 2 years now, always on the same plan and ... General Blackberry forum

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0

Question Odd Message

Advertisement

I have had blackberrys for about 2 years now, always on the same plan and with the same emails attached to it. Recently I have been receiving the following message through my work email. After a few days it dissappears, anyone know anything about it?

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

This is followed by a long string of letters and numbers.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I've also gotten that once or twice, but it's never happened again. Strange! I only have a Gmail and Yahoo account added to my BIS account, if that matters..
    -Tim

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy_84 View Post
    I have had blackberrys for about 2 years now, always on the same plan and with the same emails attached to it. Recently I have been receiving the following message through my work email. After a few days it dissappears, anyone know anything about it?

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

This is followed by a long string of letters and numbers.
    I recently got one of those too and for the 1st time...and, contrary to the instructions, I immediately deleted it.

I have no idea what it was or where it came from.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I used to get that message a lot when I was using Desktop Redirector. Once I switched to BIS and deleted the redirector program I didn't get those messages anymore.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also this post from GaryF and yep, probably you needlessly installed the redirector, if on BIS you don't need it
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4