I have aquired a BB Pearl 8130 resently. It was fine to start, but now ... General Blackberry forum

kiedo no está en línea Stack level 1

Odd battery issue.

Advertisement

I have aquired a BB Pearl 8130 resently. It was fine to start, but now the battery life is terrible, it's obviously doing something while idled that I don't know about. I charged it last night as I was not going to be home for the night, took it off the charger (fully charged) and left the house. When I got up at 6 AM the next morning (roughly 8 hours after it left the charger) it was dead. I didn't use it at all from the time it left the charger, to the time it died. I know for a fact that it shouldn't for any reason have that low of battery life all of a sudden.

If anyone has experienced this and found out the problem I would love to know the steps you took to fix this.

Thank you,

Kiedo

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Press and hold alt key and esc key until the active list displays. Keep holding the alt key and move the trackball to scroll the active programs to see what is running. You probably have some program that you aren't aware of running all the time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I see no Alt or Esc key on the Pearl, But I'll try to figure out which one is which. Thanks

Alt should be on the left side - I think it says "alt" on the key. The esc(ape) key is the one to the right of the trackball.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Ok thank you, I'll try this once I have access to a phone charger.

OK, Kiedo. Post back if you have any problems. We'll get it figured out. I can "dig up" my old Pearl if I need to and take a look at the keyboard. I'm posting from memory and don't remember the exact locations of the keys - I've been a Curve user for quite a while so it's been a long time since I really looked at the Pearl.

I gave it a turn on, its pretty much dead. I closed all the processes I wasnt using, and uninstalled the weather network program (I have a feeling that it had something to do with it, always trying to sync). We will see if that worked...

i think i fixed it. it was the Weather Network program. now that its off the battery life is back to normal.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kiedo View Post
    i think i fixed it. it was the Weather Network program. now that its off the battery life is back to normal.

Thank you
    Kiedo,

Glad you got it fixed and glad it was a simple fix. Most of them are...and then there are the "tougher" ones. Enjoy the Pearl.