dont really know what happened, took my bb 8900 off the charger this morning, put ... General Blackberry forum

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

ODD BATTERY DRAIN?

Advertisement

dont really know what happened, took my bb 8900 off the charger this morning, put in stand by for a 1/2 hour and the battery was down to 60%. turned it off for 4 hours at work turned back on and in 30 minutes it was down to 20%? I have done nothing new to cause this, i did add new apps about 3 weeks ago but this never happened, i didnt do a OS update. what i did do last night was take the phone out of bed side mode when charging thats it. I recharged it and all seems to be ok, any thoughts

apps added 3 weeks ago:

beweather, update every 2 hours
    beejive, only yahoo connected
    berryjoose
    oh and 2 days ago i deleted voice dial

but everything is running good

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    When you say you turned it off, do you mean the wireless connection or the phone totally? BeWeather, BeeJive, and BerryJoose may be sucking battery trying to update every so often (2 hours in the case of beweather) Another possibility is that it may be searching for a signal if your building has poor reception or no WiFi. It may also be your OS.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I had sprint my curve did this twice in twelve months (was rare). I had a few baterrh draining apps as well but were fine most of the time. It would literally die of "not being used" in a few hours. All I could think if was something sprint did on the network side because it was so rare. At the same time a hard reset seemed to fix it both times.

Sorry for bad typing, I blindly joined the icult and do not have "defined" keys on my phone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    When you say you turned it off, do you mean the wireless connection or the phone totally? BeWeather, BeeJive, and BerryJoose may be sucking battery trying to update every so often (2 hours in the case of beweather) Another possibility is that it may be searching for a signal if your building has poor reception or no WiFi. It may also be your OS.
    turned the phone off totally, well pushed the red phone till it shut off, you know i wonder if i put it in the case and it hit any key and stayed on? i get no signal at work. and this drained the batt...hum

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    When I had sprint my curve did this twice in twelve months (was rare). I had a few baterrh draining apps as well but were fine most of the time. It would literally die of "not being used" in a few hours. All I could think if was something sprint did on the network side because it was so rare. At the same time a hard reset seemed to fix it both times.

Sorry for bad typing, I blindly joined the icult and do not have "defined" keys on my phone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    this is good to know because everything is working great again..oh well, thanks for your responce

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oo and one more thing, when I charged it under these symptoms the phone got HOT, really hot hehe.