I have a customer of mine who is having a odd issue with his address ... General Blackberry forum

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

odd 8830 address book issue..

Advertisement

I have a customer of mine who is having a odd issue with his address book entries. When I initially transferred his phonebook from his moto 710 to his 8830 apparently the entries copied over backwards- first name listed as last, last as first-and the phone has two alphabetical lists in the address book. In other words, there is a list with A-J the another list A-Z.
    In these lists some names are not accessible unless you actually scroll to them within the address book. So, if he is wanting to lookup john, malcovitch -last, first..- and starts dialing j..o..h..n.. or m..a..l.. the entry will not show up, will need to goto it directly within the book...
    In the book options...sort by _last...separators_lines....allow duplicats_yes....confirm delete_yes....
    My next course of action is for him to bring me his v710 to me and do a book transfer to another 8830 and see how it lists them to check whether it is an issue to that particular phone.

Any ideas?

thnks,

C.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540
    im not sure thats odd... he is coming from an old phone though.. my guess is that it will happen again with the transfer on another phone
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    but even so, not being able to lookup some entries other than from within the address book has nothing to do with the book transfer...

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    How are the entries being transferred to the BB? Is the BB on a BES? You may try and sync the old phone to the users' mailbox then have the contacts pushed to the BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    Not on bes. We use the cellebritr ume36 for book transfers. I've sold over a hundred berries and have never ran into this issue. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    hate to keep this thread up, but I still havn't found a resolution to this issue. Anybody have any ideas?