Sorry if this have been posted before but search function have bee buggy for me ... General Blackberry forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

"null connection" opera mini and pinstack irc

Advertisement

Sorry if this have been posted before but search function have bee buggy for me so I have to post it somewhere.

Lately whenever I try to connect to a page in opera mini I get the common "null connection" error but I have my configuration set up properly for my T-Mobile blackberry with the wap.voicestream.com

I'm also having the same. "null connection" error whenever I tried to connect through the pinstack irc application. I was hoping to use irc to help figure out my issue with the opera mini but i'm limited right now to blackberry browser via pinstack launcher for internet browsing.

Let me know if there is any particular info that would be useful and i'll post it later on.

PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Umm, I know I sound impatient but anyone out there know how to fix this issue?

I can't stand being away from some of the other sites and forums that i'm members of for too long.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    IRC is the first thing I disable and get rid of when securing a machine -- it is shot through with security holes (even worse than Yahoo! Messenger and other IMs), and historically a prime vector for intrusions and zombifications.

Nowadays zombie-meisters have additional means at their disposal, but this is no consolation.

I would seek some other means of troubleshooting the problem :-)

PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Yeah I can understand the risk. I still would appreciate any solutions to my opera mini connection.

And beside, lately I've only really been on the pinstack irc client for whenever I have problems with my BB which is not really that often lol.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Have you tried connecting with some other browser?

(Not that I don't love Opera... I do use it sometimes on PCs)

PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Ok, everything else works well, including tethering.

It is not much of a issue anymore since I was uninstalling the extra games I had on my pearl and decided to uninstall the pinstack IRC since I couldn't use it anymore. Now I can finally use the Opera Mini fully (except for the occassional bad DNS address error like always)