I just got the 3 bottles, And it doesn't seem like i can remove my ... General Blackberry forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Novus Scratch remover

Advertisement

I just got the 3 bottles, And it doesn't seem like i can remove my scratches from my screen. Anyone has used this product before and removed their scratches? If so how did you do it?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Novus Scratch remover

I'm a longtime Novus User / Advocate. One thing that makes a huge difference is the cloth you use. The very best is a micro fiber cloth. These are sold at many places like auto parts stores: Kragens, Pep Boys, etc.
    Second the cloth should be soaked in water then rung out before applying the polish to the cloth.

You did not mention which BB model you are working on. I have found the display lens softer on the earlier models: 72xx, 71xx, 87xx. As compared to the newer 83xx & 88xx models.

However in every case the Novus product will return perfect results. The key is patience with the deeper scratches & you will get them out.

~via Red BB 8310 wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    217a1629

I'm on 8100, I tried the fine and the heavy scratch and it didn't work. I was circling around my screen for like about 30 min. Nothing...lol

Try moving the cloth from side to side, not in circles. Rub across the scratch, not in the same direction. Then be sure to use the heavy scratch remover & apply plenty of it on the cloth, as it works via chemical reaction as opposed to being abrasive.

~via Red BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    217a1629

Do i leave the solution on the screen for some time? and how should i clean my screen after? with the plastic cleaner solution?

Here is the procedure:
    1) Use the heavy #3 product on a very damp cloth. Apply medium to light pressure while frequently adding more product. Turn the cloth around to an unused portion, apply more product & keep buffing. Expect to experience gradual progress. Be sure to buff at a medium to fast pace.
    2) Once the scratch is gone, switch to product #2. Apply for about 10 minutes using same method.
    3) Now use #1 product to finish. Be sure to also use plenty of this as it is an excellent dust & debris repellant.

The first thing I do when I get a new BB is to polish it with #1, as I chose Not to use a screen protector.

Finally remember this is a great all purpose plastic scratch remover for many other plastics (such as the clear lens over the gauges in your car).

PIN/ID
    217a1629

I did all the steps, But the scratch is still there (well its multiple amount of scratches but there is one specific one that bothers me). No matter how much solution....O well just gonna buy a new lens....

Well at least you gave it your best shot...

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

I have used Displex with nice results.