I want to lock my phone with a password but I'm not sure if I ... General Blackberry forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

not sure if I have a password, want to set it

Advertisement

I want to lock my phone with a password but I'm not sure if I already created a password. I think I know what that password might be but I'm not 100% sure. if I enable password then cannot remember the correct one, will I have to enter the correct password to disable it? does this make sense? I don't want to have to wipe my phone, I'd rather just not have a password. thanks for any help.

Re: not sure if I have a password, want to set it

I guess this is my real question - If I have set a password, is there a way I can find out what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    I want to lock my phone with a password but I'm not sure if I already created a password. I think I know what that password might be but I'm not 100% sure. if I enable password then cannot remember the correct one, will I have to enter the correct password to disable it? does this make sense? I don't want to have to wipe my phone, I'd rather just not have a password. thanks for any help.
    Every time you enable the password it will ask you for a new one, so remembering an old one is not necessary.

Thanks!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    Once the password is set you must put it into the phone correctly to use the phone. If you do forget what it is after it is set you get ten tries to get the right one b/f it wipes the phone.