Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok so I need you pinstack users advice. I'm making the most important decision yet ... General Blackberry forum

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1

not a happy camper

Advertisement

Ok so I need you pinstack users advice. I'm making the most important decision yet for my bb, I want too paint my bb right!, so I call tmobile and ask if I take the faceplate off will it void my warrant and the b*****d(excuse my french) said yes something about it will cause either damage too my keypad or software issues which I think is all bs. Well anyways he said I can just buy a housing faceplate from the mall and paint that and put it over my phone but wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Duh!plus I'm getting an otterbox case so if I had an extra housing and that all put together my phone will be so bulky I wouldn't even recognize it. So I need your help in decideing if I want too either paint the original faceplate or buy a facepaint and do it that way or return all my supplies I bought too paint my bb? I want too paint it but don't want too ruin my warranty there's got too be another way. If it helps I'm thinking about getting the javelin when it comes up and most likely end up selling my curve well hope too hear from everyone soon! Thanks in advance and hope my thread doesn't sound stupid!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    If you don't want to void your warrenty, don't paint it. Its hard to cover that up if you need to return it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_stud View Post
    I call tmobile and ask if I take the faceplate off will it void my warrant!
    Too late now they've already documented your file, and it gets worse.
    All calls are "recorded for quality purposes" is the disclaimer carriers use to capture what you say for later use if needed. So the party is over as they have the IMEI.
    Next time remember the carrier is not your friend.

By the way even if you don't paint it. They will assume that you did. Should it need to be sent in for warranty work even in it's original color / housing they will deny the claim. They have extra incentive as the bad economy has reduced their revenue stream substantially & thus they are going to be rejecting not just your claim but any many others as well.
    I know, as I'm the CEO of a large scale enterprise and we are all being hit hard.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    There are cell phone accessory stores that sell different snap on cases in different colors and styles. Have you tried looking for those. That way you will have a diffrent look and if you need to send it back for warranty you can just take it off.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    My advise is to buy a new housing with the color you desire from cnn. Please do NOT paint your bb. Trust me on this one, you will regret it. there are some nice housings out there on cnn to purchase. But yeah the call you placed did kinda raise a flag. Anyways, do what you feel's right. After all it's your phone and you bought it with your hard earned money so you should do as you please with it. You can always tell them you lost it anyways if you got your warranty.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    By the way even if you don't paint it. They will assume that you did. Should it need to be sent in for warranty work even in it's original color / housing they will deny the claim. They have extra incentive as the bad economy has reduced their revenue stream substantially & thus they are going to be rejecting not just your claim but any many others as well.
    I know, as I'm the CEO of a large scale enterprise and we are all being hit hard.
    WOW if they did that to me they wouldn't like my response.IF they actually did do this i would definately switch carriers in a heart beat.i'm sure some might chime in with some verizon horror stories but verizon would NEVER do this to me.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ there are generic clear/painted plastic cases that cover the entire phone. You can order them in the color you want, or just repaint one to the color you want. Mine cost me $5 shipped(off ebay). I wanted.a black bb and my 8830 is silver. Cheapest and easiest thing to do to modify it.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'd say,
    if you are going to get an otter box anyway, why paint it?
    you won't be able to see it at all. I'd leave it in it's natural beauty, but that's just me.

partially because I can't paint so I know I'd bone it up. lol
    but like raton said, it is your phone, only you can make the best judgment call.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    to have a warranty or not have the warranty that is the question!

dude just get the otter box. no one is going to see the color after that anyway. if you are all about paint it, paint the otter box...

you did the right thing by calling them first and they gave the answer. you dont like it but thats policy. just like you cant bring guns in the airport, you have a permit but thats policy.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    to have a warranty or not have the warranty that is the question!

dude just get the otter box. no one is going to see the color after that anyway. if you are all about paint it, paint the otter box...

you did the right thing by calling them first and they gave the answer. you dont like it but thats policy. just like you cant bring guns in the airport, you have a permit but thats policy.

well said!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    well i decided not too paint it because i found out for people who clean there trackballs they are vgvoiding warranty and if i was to paint it and then find a silver housing to replace it when i needed to send it back they would know some way that i switched it and im not really that worried for my warranty because i plan on getting my javelin when it comes out but then again you never know what may happen after i paint it so illbe returing all my accessories smh and ill just stick with the original color. oh tmobile did say i can paint the back of my door lol like what the hell i said naw ill stick with the ugly color the phone came in because i was either between the gold and silver and gold was ugly too me

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Verizon would NEVER do this to me.
    Don't kid yourself.

While I can certainly appreciate your feelings around this, believe me I know that I'm relaying facts here. And you'll notice I'm including ALL carriers. One must remember that carriers have been on the receiving end of every scam in the book. And I'm NOT suggesting that anyone here on the Stacks would scam their carrier. I'm just reflecting what is real.

This is nothing more than business, this is not personal. Business is all about the money. We have no control, over anything other than who we choose to do business with. In this particular case we are all doing business with cellular phone carriers that are massive corporations with huge legal departments that could swallow up any individual, in a moment.

If you doubt what I'm passing on, just take the time to read _every word_ of the contract you have with your carrier. You will be amazed at what you have agreed to. I know, I've read mine and it's adventurous reading that's for sure....

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Meh, I would paint it. BB's are tough and besides that; if it breaks buy a new one.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    Meh, I would paint it. BB's are tough and besides that; if it breaks buy a new one.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree, if money is no object and the warranty unimportant to the user, then use your method. Cash is King.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast