Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After deleting unused programs and a few themes that I dont need I have 12651971 ... General Blackberry forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Normal Phone Memory???

Advertisement

After deleting unused programs and a few themes that I dont need I have 12651971 Bytes...is that low? What is average? If that's low, what else can I delete?

I use all the other 3rd party apps that i have loaded-
    Viigo, Pinstack Launcher, Wiki, Telenav, Mobi pocket reader, snap screen, and lingo.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That should be normal if you still have all those apps on your phone. Try to clean un used files and clear your broser cache atleast once a week and you can also use shift LGLG to clean your registry then hit options and clear log that will clean your phones memory as well

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    OK...I do that and the memory cleaner thing every few days. I do know that the 4.5 zaps memory like crazy! I have to remember to do a batt pull every night.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    My phone is in a case that is hard to get in and out of, so I just use SoftReset more often. That helps keep the memory freed up for me.

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/ (OTA here.)

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    That should be normal if you still have all those apps on your phone. Try to clean un used files and clear your broser cache atleast once a week and you can also use shift LGLG to clean your registry then hit options and clear log that will clean your phones memory as well

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you click MENU> OPTIONS and scroll down to a box that can be checked while in the log you can click the menu key and click hide all file types. That will make it where it won't keep a log and won't have to clear it ever again.

I turn on certian ones if I am having a problem, other than that I don't need it to log for me.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    {My phone is in a case that is hard to get in and out of, so I just use SoftReset more often. That helps keep the memory freed up for me.}
    Instead of using the 5.5kb on soft reset, u can also hold down ALT, right SHIFT,and DELETE to do a soft reset.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a 8320 and noticed that my memory was around 12 or 13M at one point. I am used to having around 17M free on my 8100.

Playing around with the new OS media player (whatever the latest REAL version is from T-mo for the 8320), I noticed an option for "Reserved Pictures Memory". I set this to 0MB (from the 5MB initial setting), and that freed me to 17MB of memory.

Summary:

Media >> Options >> Reserved Picture Memory set to 0MB

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When I start fresh I have 15mb but going through the day i usually end about 8-9mb.

PIN/ID
    12651971 Bytes

How mayny MB is that???

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by zakz View Post
    {My phone is in a case that is hard to get in and out of, so I just use SoftReset more often. That helps keep the memory freed up for me.}
    Instead of using the 5.5kb on soft reset, u can also hold down ALT, right SHIFT,and DELETE to do a soft reset.
    I have my SoftReset on my micro sd card w/ Aerize Card Loader. (more memory.)

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=71207

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    12.6 Mb

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aerize-thats a cool app. Imma try it out. Thnx 4 the heads up.

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Apps do use phone memory, but you can load and unload them as much or often as you like...they are always on the card.

PIN/ID
    I have read that quite a few people are "loosing" their apps because of Aerize.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    One of the things I did was remove unused Cods form the Loader file, this is an at your own risk thing, But on my curve after resetting it I have 26mb free, I don't have as may third party apss as you do. but you could free up alot by not letting the phone load the Langage CODS, and any thing else you are not using. other Vender themes eat alot of space too

Here is a good starting piont
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast