The other day my 8100 to not recieve calls. It only rings for a split ... General Blackberry forum

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Non deafault tones won't work. Help me please! BB 8100

Advertisement

The other day my 8100 to not recieve calls. It only rings for a split second then says I have a missed call. I was on os 1.07 T-Mo when it started. I did a wipe and that didn't help, I did a new os install 1.01 and that didn't help. I finally figured out that it only does it with non default tones. I tried to format my micro sd card and that didn't fix it, then I tried to put the non default tone on the device memory and it still does it. Does anybody know of what else I can try to fix this? I have about 27 mb free memory and the last thing I installed before this started was the new pinstack edition of viigo. I tried to get rid of that and it didn't help fix it either. Thanks.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Non deafault tones won't work. Help me please!

try creating a new profile and put the custom ringtones on there and see if that helps
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

How large are those custom ringtones? What is the format? How long does it take to load in the media player, or does it even load and play?

The reason for my line of questions is that some people use full mp3 songs as ringtones, rather than shortened, bit-reduced, etc. versions. Sometimes full mp3's used as ringtones take a few seconds for the phone to read into memory and start playing -- and by that time, the ring period has timed out and the call goes to voicemail.

This isn't always the case, there will be people that have no trouble using full songs as ringtones. But I would test it by perhaps downloading a short midi, short song clip, etc. and seeing if that works okay. If it does work, I would look at what I have theorized and chop up the song, switch to lower quality mono, etc.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    21C43423

Most are mp3 tones. They range in size and length. At tops they're maybe 700k and are not any longer than 30 seconds. Some are even as short as 10 seconds. I know that it doesnt take long for them to play. When I figured it out as the problem I had people call me and they start asap and end asap. They all play in the media player also.

PIN/ID
    21C43423

Nobody has ever experienced this before? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~