On my 8100, when I play videos that I have downloaded from the web, I ... General Blackberry forum

jablaze no está en línea Stack level 2

No sound when playing videos

Advertisement

On my 8100, when I play videos that I have downloaded from the web, I do not get any sound. None from the handset, speakerphone, or headphones. Same problem whether I use the "Activate Handset" or the "Activate Speakerphone" option. My MP3s play fine - just no sound in videos.

Also, when I click the speakerphone button (the OP key), it acts basically like a back button.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you tried videos in various formats? There are many variables in the encoding and many are not compatable with the BB media player. I have some youtube videos I converted to .avi using Zamzar, an online converting service, and they play with no sound, but the same videos work fine if I have them converted to 3gp or mp4.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jablaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Have you tried videos in various formats? There are many variables in the encoding and many are not compatable with the BB media player. I have some youtube videos I converted to .avi using Zamzar, an online converting service, and they play with no sound, but the same videos work fine if I have them converted to 3gp or mp4.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't know the formats, but they are videos I am starting from the browser - links I click in cnn.com, youtube, nytimes, etc. Pretty much everywhere.