I had this question burried in another thread, but I thought it might get more ... General Blackberry forum

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question No Myspace App Launcher Icon?

Advertisement

I had this question burried in another thread, but I thought it might get more attention and be more helpful to others in it's own thread.

First, the device info for reference. This is on an AT&T Pearl 8100 running Rodgers 4.5.0.102 (yes, vendor.xml deleted).

Here's the problem:

I have downloaded the myspace application repeatedly, and although I have watched it supposidly install successfully, the launcher Icon never actually shows up on the desktop so that I can use the application. (No, it's not hidden either)

The program does show as installed in the application list, and the permissions are indeed set to allow.

I have tried:

Installing it, then battery pull after install.
    Uninstall, Battery Pull, Install, Battery Pull
    Uninstall, Battery Pull, Take Out Media Card (and leave out), install, battery pull.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try next. I know others have had this problem, anyone else manage to actually resolve the problem?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try another threme.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've tried Today, Zen, and AT&T Default, no luck :-(.

I had the app when I was on 4.2 and really liked it. Would love to have it back.

Bummers! I don't know what's going on but, if your phone shows that it's installed and the permissions are set, I believe it's installed. I had this problem a LONG time ago with an ap and I finally got it with (I THINK) the theme Dimension L. Do you have that one and, if so, would you try it?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I do believe I have one. This is on my Wife's pearl, not mine. I'll try it tonight when she gets home and report back. It's worth a shot. Thanks!

The really odd part about all this is, we both have the 8100, and both on the same OS, and I had no problem at all.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nope, that theme didn't work either. I tried all the stock themes she had in there with no luck.

Any other ideas? Is there a way to make an icon manually that points at the application? Or a way to activate the application without using the icon, just to see if the application itself actually works?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This just happened to me. I had to backup, wipe and restore my 8120 back down to 4.3.0.115 and no longer have MySpace. Does it need 4.5 to be reinstalled??

Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Nope, that theme didn't work either. I tried all the stock themes she had in there with no luck.

Any other ideas? Is there a way to make an icon manually that points at the application? Or a way to activate the application without using the icon, just to see if the application itself actually works?
    Sorry Erievon, I don't know of a way to activate a downloaded problem without the icon if that's what it uses. Some aps use a bookmark to execute but not both in my experience. That's over my head (knowlegde-wise) and so it a way to make an icon manually that points at it.

My next option would be to downgrade the phone that doesn't work to a previous OS and try that - that's a bummer idea - just to see if it'll work.

Maybe a device expert can help or verify that that won't work.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I downgraded my 8120 to 4.3.0.115 and can't load MySpace back onto it. I keep getting an error when installing that says it's on my phone but I can't find it. I then got a 907 Invalid error.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Looks like a downgrade isn't the way to go. She'd like Myspace back, but not at the expense of a downgrade.

I'm out of suggestions ...and I haven't had many of those. Really weird, seemingly identical Pearls, same OS, same carrier, etc. There has GOT to be a simple solution to this unless there's something wrong with the 8100 that won't work and that sounds out of the question. I just can't think of anything to try except to start comparing settings on the two phones to each other. That doesn't even sound like a promising activity - I just don't know.

I'm going to move this thread to General Blackberry to see if it gets a little different or more attention.

timt976 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb0f70
    I am having the same issue. Anyone have any idea how to fix

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hi TimT. I have yet to solve this one unfortunatly. Erica, did you ever have any luck with it?