I have been trying to download games from various bb sites and most of ... General Blackberry forum
No jar file found
I have been trying to download games from various bb sites and most of them come in zip. files, when I unzip them a folder appears on my cpu with the same name as the zip. file and inside are a bunch of different icons (im guessing the game programs and all that stuff?) When I open up DM apploader and go to get file from folder nothing appears, I believe it is because of no axl. or cod. file. I dont know whether this is problem with DM or winrar that I use to unzip the files. many people have been giving the games I'm downloading positive comments and I dont see why I cant download it.
Please help, I really want to play
When you unzip the folder, what files are inside?
there are picture files with game sprites and different screen pictures, there are music files for the different levels. If you'd like the link this is it. http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/1180455/
Dont worry I downloaded it already and it contains no virus's but I just cant seem to get anything to show on DM apploader for it
PLEASE ANY HELP AT ALL IS APPRECIATED!!!
1. Download the .JAR file to your PC
2. Connect your Blackberry to your PC via the USB cable
3. Open "Computer" in the Start Menu
4. Go to the folder/location on your PC where you stored the .JAR file
5. Either copy or cut the file.
6. In the Drive/Device list under the "Computer" screen find your Blackberry
7. Paste the file either into the root of Blackberry or a subfolder, either will suffice.
8. Unhook Blackberry from USB cable
9. In the applications on your phone, scroll to the "Media" icon
10. Click the "Media" icon to launch it
11. Press the menu button and select "Explore"
12. Locate the .JAR file either on the device memory or memory card (check both as the Blackberry seems to just sort of stick system memory and card memory together)
13. Click the file, and it should prompt you to download (install)
14. Click "Download"
I have done this and their is just a lot of files with pictures, sounds, files i cannot open, etc. I believe it is a game I downloaded but I cannot the jar. file to download. Thanks for your post though
Last edited by IRDanielC; 02-18-2010 at 07:06 PM.
if you find a cod file you can install it from command line..
javaloader load thefilename.cod
and you can d/l aerize card loader from aerize.com it will allow you to install cod files from the bb. the files need to be in a folder on thew media card named "loader" . they forget to mention that.
if the folder had no cod or jar files its aint gonna work..
now send me some cod files, or jar