Hey neighbors - NY has had this law for YEARS - no using a handset ... General Blackberry forum

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

NJ Stackers - no more thumbing while you drive!

Advertisement

Hey neighbors - NY has had this law for YEARS - no using a handset while driving for talking and especially for texting. Well now NJ is getting on board too (frankly, it should be a National law!).
    Beginning Saturday [3/1/08], police can slap drivers with a $100 fine for talking or sending a text message on hand-held devices.

New Jersey joins four other states, including neighboring New York, where talking on a hand-held cell phone is reason enough to get pulled over. The Garden State is the first where text-messaging on the road is a primary offense, meaning police need no other reason to pull a driver over, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.
    Read the full story here.
    JerryD

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Re: NJ Stackers - no more thumbing while you drive!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If I understood this well there are phone calls and SMS forbidden. But what's up with eMail?

*scnr*

Peter

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Just keep BOTH hands on the wheel Peter. You're shouldn't be doing THAT while you're driving either!

(JK)

PIN/ID
    281860C8

Yep, I know. If the Cops get you this cound be an very expensice experience. Here in Germany it'll cost 80 Euro and that's a lot.

Seems cheaper to smoke grass and fly high

Peter

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I don't particularly care to walk around with a BT earphone in my ear normally (so I don't) but they're great for driving, answering and talking at the same time law or no law. We don't have one here but it frees the hands to drive...unless you're eating, smoking and drinking like so many folks do while driving.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    281860C8

Yep, they are great. But I prefer my build-in-free-speach-solution that works also via BT.

Peter

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post

Yep, I know. If the Cops get you this cound be an very expensice experience. Here in Germany it'll cost 80 Euro and that's a lot.

Seems cheaper to smoke grass and fly high

Peter
    i hear ya on that one peter! i think its been 'illegal' over in europe for a long time. you can't even talk on cell in car, right? my buddy in ireland says its a big FAT ticket if you get caught!

PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i hear ya on that one peter! i think its been 'illegal' over in europe for a long time. you can't even talk on cell in car, right? my buddy in ireland says its a big FAT ticket if you get caught!
    Yes. Its a long time that using a cell phone is forbidden while driving. I guess it was forbidden 2001. IIRC in the first time you get a ticket from 40 DeutschMark then Europe switch to Euro and in the first time it raises from 20 to 40 and finally to 80 Euro.

But that's only money

There's a lot of more: if they get you while using a cellphone you collect also points. And that's not only for using a cellphone. Also for speeding and other traffic violations. And when you have enough points you have to give the driving licens back for a month...

And as a consequence of that: use always a headset or an build-in-hands-free-solution. It is a little bit expensive but not as expensive as the cops get you

Peter

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE

same deal in massachusetts
    i got a 100 dollar fine twice for banging out a few emails on the turnpike
    lol