[FONT=Verdana]I purchased an unlock code from Newmobilefreedom on April 14, 2009 for my Alltel Blackberry ... General Blackberry forum

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Newmobilefreedom....avoid at all costs

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]I purchased an unlock code from Newmobilefreedom on April 14, 2009 for my Alltel Blackberry 8830. Despite having spoken with 4 other unlocking services who all stated that the Alltel 8830 could not be unlocked, I decided to go with newmobilfreedom as the told me that they would be able to do it. According to their website, the code should be available in two days but here we are on day 7 and I have yet to receive my code and they have informed me that it could be another 2 weeks. I contacted customer service which was very rude and short. It’s rather interesting to me that a company who’s business is based upon positive customer experiences could be so reckless when dealing with their customers. I hope that everybody learns from my mistake and avoids newmobile freedom for their unlocking services. [/FONT]

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    its kinda wild how people pay for this from online sites which is a scam have the time, why i never do any of that online cause u never know,cause on crackberry there was another unlocking service that got trashed and the big head who ran the site joined the forum and was fighting and getting trashed..

was stupid on his part to join if u ask me when u will end up being the most hated for pulling a scam like that off u know.. anyways sorry to hear i hope u didnt pay much for this..also why not get take the phone to a carrier stand in the mall or something and get it unlocked there? most places will do it at least u would know it would get done there and not be a scam

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If you ever need to unlock a phone, its always best (and free) to do it from your carrier. If you don't have the same carrier as the phone you are unlocking, then maybe a friend of family member does who can help you.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Jaricanese. ya i wish there was a way to get all em unlocking sites taking down but that wont happen

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    Jaricanese. ya i wish there was a way to get all em unlocking sites taking down but that wont happen
    The only way is to just encourage people not to use them.

PIN/ID
    just ask

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    My 8830 is actually on Alltel, which is a CDMA carrier. Unfortunetly the Alltel customer reps know very little about using the phone abroad and there have no information on having the phone unlocked. What's ironic about this situation is that it is my understanding that the Alltel 8830 is unlocked out of the box. I will see on Friday when I get to Spain and I will let everybody know my findings. The only reason I decided to pay to have the phone unlocked was because the last time I went abroad my 8830 didn't work but I later found out that their GSM network was not compatible with the two GSM bands on the 8830.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There is a service map on the Alltel website that list where it will work and where it will not. Also tells you were you can buy the sim cards here and abroad.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    good luck

cedric1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    How much is it to get a phone unlocked? I have a curve 8330 with AllTel.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Your carrier should be able to do this for you for free. Att gave me my unlock code for my Bold.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric1981 View Post
    How much is it to get a phone unlocked? I have a curve 8330 with AllTel.
    Free if you call up your carrier (providing that the phone you are unlocking is on the same network)

Just tell them I want it unlocked and that's it? Sounds to good if services charge n callin da carrier is free? Any thing special I need tell them? Hit me back after that ill call them up

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Most carriers require a good reason, and/or require that you had your account for a set amount of time.

Normally just call them and say you are planning a trip or something and want to have your phone unlocked so you can use it abroad. They will ask you for certain information from your phone (like an IMEI number), but that should be about it.

On the phone now