Apparently unless you have the newest and greatest nobody out there will help? Im so ... General Blackberry forum

Barb10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Newest and Greatest????

Advertisement

Apparently unless you have the newest and greatest nobody out there will help?
    Im so frustrated I would love to throw this phone in the river!!
    I need somebody with some smarts on a pearl 8130 or Im burying it tonight!

HELP PLEASE!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hi Barb,

I've looked around but see no other posts from you. What problems are you having with your 8130?

Thanks so much for responding. I did a prompted upgrade to wireless and now when i go to sync i cant...it cant find my phone and says i need to install the cd it came with...well who the heck knows where that is now.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Was the upgrade successful? If so are you now trying to connect to the desktop manager? You can go to blackberry.com and download it there.

Thanks Chokem. I just looked at the site and see that it is not even for a 8130. Maddening as i dont know why it kept prompting me to upgrade. so now i am starting over. I uninstalled the DM and reinstalling and see if this will help

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    barb, if its not bricked, dont do anything else to it. give us some in depth details of what you have done so far and if its operable now.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Am I understanding the issue correctly that you were prompted to do an OTA upgrade of the OS and now it won't sync? Also, what are you syncing the device with?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

So this is what I did...I went to control panel deleted the Desktop manager and reinstalled it. Hooked up my phone and voila...it was there. It s syncing fine from my device to pc and vice versa. However im not getting any emails to my phone?
    Im not sure why my DM was prompting me to do this up grade to a 5.0 when clearly on Blackberry.com it does not list a pearl 8130 compatible. Ugghhh...wasted time!
    Sorry for being miserable...its been a bad day all the way around!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Was it asking for you to upgrade the device Operating System or the Desktop Manager to 5.0? As far as I know, there isn't an OS 5.0 for any Pearl.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    If your phone is functioning but you're not getting emails, have you tried resending the service books too your phone? Do you have the browser icon? Also try going to options then advanced options then host routing table and hit the menu key to register with the network. That should give you your browser and email settings icon back if its not already there.