I have to say that I love my BB 7780. I have had Palms and ... General Blackberry forum

compufreek no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Newbie to Blackberry (BB7780)

Advertisement

I have to say that I love my BB 7780. I have had Palms and Ipaqs but I love the ease of use.
    I just have a couple of questions -
    1) Is there any way to access the Password Keeper that is supplied with v4.02.49 (platform 16153) from your desktop. Also is there away to import an existing password safe to it or am I forced to type it all over??
    2) I have not activated the phone part of my BB. It is an AT&T BB. Does anyone have any idea how unlock it so I can use any carrier because I talked to Cingular and they said that the only way it will work on their network is if the BB is unlocked.
    3) There is also a picture viewer with v4.02.49 (platform 16153) how does one put pix on it to see??

Thanks Compufreek

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Newbie to Blackberry (BB7780)

Welcome to pinstack!

1) There is no desktop component for the Password keeper, sorry. No import either. Not sure if the 3rd party apps have import either such as: http://www.ascendo-inc.com/DataVault.html

2) There are 3 ways that a Blackberry can be locked:

SIM Card Lock, Phone IMEI lock and Blackberry PIN lock.

Sounds like you have an IMEI lock... try: http://www.bongowireless.com

FYI:

RIM lock the Blackberry PIN to the Blackberry Internet Service (Web CLient email) of each specific carrier. Since your PIN is already registered with another carrier you'll need to call the original carrier (in this case Cingular) to get it removed from their old system. (I would like to think you may not need this since they may have done it as part of the merge.

3)You can email pix to your blackberry. Or download from the blackberry web browers. (e.g. Pointing your blackberry browser to: http://www.pinstack.com/ps.gif ) Also read this from our FAQs
    Last edited by hayden; 10-29-2005 at 08:23 PM.

compufreek no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thanks for your help. I will have to try these. Thanks.

I have some other questions:
    Is there a stand alone Web browser? I haven't set up the phone part of the BB7780. . .yet and would like to subscribe to Avantgo.
    Plus I am trying to find an eReader to read books on my BB (I have Jury Duty on Nov. 1).
    Thanks Compufreek

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

For a stand alone browser, please read this thread.

For ebooks, you might have to get a little creative. I've heard of people reading ebooks on their BB by using a .pdf format. Blackberry has a built in .pdf reader. It may not be too good though.

There are reader apps for java based phones. Since the BB is essentially a java based phone, they may also work. Here is one to look at.

Good luck!