Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All, my first post here so apologies if I'm asking this question in the ... General Blackberry forum

krusadr no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie question

Advertisement

Hi All, my first post here so apologies if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.

What is the big difference between the 71xx series and the rest? This thread suggests that the 71xx series are not "proper" blackberries.

I'm in Canada and the only unlimited data plan available is from Bell who only offer the 7250 and the 7130e.

Any help much appreciated.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Newbie question

Well, I had a 7100t and now have an 8700. The biggest difference to me is the keyboard. The 7100 is smaller, but doesn't have the full keypad. There may be alot more that I do not know about, 7100t was my first BB. Anyone out there who has used both?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Thx Melissaox, the 8700 isn't even an option as it's not offered by Bell. I'm not even considering anything unless it's on an unlimited data plan!

I'm not worried about the keypad of the 7130e but I was wondering if it is not a fully compatable BB for example with third-party software.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi! And welcome to Pinstack krusadr.

First one has Qwerty Keyboard. I don't believe the 7100 series do not.

Next is the shape.

The 7100 series is more phone shaped as opposed to the square shape of my 8700.

Now as far as it not being a true Blackberry, it is a true Blackberry.
    Its all a question of taste in my opinion. Some people like the more narrow form of the 7100 series Blackberry. Also I believe it has whats called suretype. If you have used a regular cellphone, its a lot like T9. Then there are the people like me who prefer the full keyboard (qwerty).

So what im trying to say is, it all boils down to preference.

And the 7100 series is a true Blackberry. I hope I've been able to help you out a little. Im sure a lot of our 7100 series owners will be posting there unique views and opinions as well.

I haven't run into much that did not work on the 7100 but did on another BB. I think the 7100 series was a step towards a more consumer friendly device than the older BBs. I have all sorts of programs on it, games and useful stuff as well.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I'd probably rather get an 8700 but it isn't available here in BC. The choice is between the 7250 and the 7130e. I think the 7130e is a newer BB and probably the one to get of the two although I've played with a 7250 and it was ver nice. I haven't held a 7130e yet.

It's a holiday in Canada tomorrow so I have to wait until Tuesday to get one. The waiting is driving me nuts! Still time to do some research

Thanks for the replies.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Here is a link that may answer more of your questions. Its a review that Lewis did.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=3298

Give it a read. I think it may answer some of your questions.

Perfect, reading now, thanks.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

I think you also have to take into consideration your preferance of provider. The 7130e is available on CDMA providers, so Verizon, Bell, ect... The 7100 series phones are GSM, so they are only available for GSM carriers.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~One more thing I wanted to tell you krusadr, is that Lewis is also Canadian. He will be able to answer some of the carrier questions better for you.

Thanks, the bell.ca website shows a great $50 voice + data unlimited plan

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_BC...M10_OP.details

but my local Bell cellphone store say they can't do that plan! I may start a new thread on it.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hold your pants a bit longer if you can? Rumors has it there's a 8703e coming to CDMA carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by krusadr
    Thx Melissaox, the 8700 isn't even an option as it's not offered by Bell. I'm not even considering anything unless it's on an unlimited data plan!

I'm not worried about the keypad of the 7130e but I was wondering if it is not a fully compatable BB for example with third-party software.

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Definatly get an unlimited data plan.You will be sorry if you don't and you could be broke too.

Unlimited data is a must.. and I would reccomend unlimited messaging as well. Some applications you might want to use.... like IM apps... use SMS.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I was using around 4-6 MB of data per month until introduced to pinstack.com. Now I bet I am using between 30-50 MB per month!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast