First can i start by sayin hello, nd thnx 2 any1 who takes pity on ... General Blackberry forum

kieranmcm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2029DC28

Question Newbie question

Advertisement

First can i start by sayin hello, nd thnx 2 any1 who takes pity on me and gives advice.

Ok thn onto the problem. I bought a 7230 (on O2) off of ebay received it today, i want to use all the features on it but this requires a data plan, which i just cant afford 2 do. I read somewhere on the internet that u can use the Browse & Download Bolt Ons as a data pack and was just wondering if this is even slightly tru.

Thnx in advance 4 help, nd sry 4 abbrv. im using a PDA 2 type.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Newbie question

Welcome to the stacks kieranmcm. Unfortunately I have no idea about this but be patient and someone will come along and help you out.

Sorry I couldn't help,

COJO 24

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Quote Originally Posted by kieranmcm
    First can i start by sayin hello, nd thnx 2 any1 who takes pity on me and gives advice.

Ok thn onto the problem. I bought a 7230 (on O2) off of ebay received it today, i want to use all the features on it but this requires a data plan, which i just cant afford 2 do. I read somewhere on the internet that u can use the Browse & Download Bolt Ons as a data pack and was just wondering if this is even slightly tru.

Thnx in advance 4 help, nd sry 4 abbrv. im using a PDA 2 type.
    "Browse & Data Bolts Ons???"

Never heard of these, but I got by the simple rule when it comes to a Blackberry. No Dataplan = Paperweight.

I did a search and found this...is the possibly what you are referring to in reference to the "Browse & Data Bolt Ons???"

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/t...ownloadboltons

PIN/ID
    2029DC28

Yes that is the package that i was talking about. I would appreciate it if anyone knew if this would work.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    2029DC28

Will do, im going to the O2 shop after college today and if i get it working i will update it here at about 9pm GMT

PIN/ID
    2029DC28

Well Browse and Download bolt ons dont work with blackberrys

In that case can people tell me if this reads like a good deal?

businessshop.o2.co.uk/tariff_detail.aspx?id=94&term=12&groupid=23

I only need the blackberry for internet really, i am perfectly happy with the tariff and phone i currently have.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Yes, as you've seen, you need a Blackberry data plan for data services on a Blackberry. I don't understand why this seems to surprise or confuse so many...

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a paperweight. You can place and receive voice calls. You can send and receive SMS. You can use the PIM functions and sync with your desktop but that's it. No web. No email. No internet-enabled apps (including GPS).