Sure hope there are some friendly folk here that can save me from tossing this ... General Blackberry forum

unclepine no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201E7AFA

Thumbs down Newbie FRUSTRATED AS ALL HELL...!!!

Advertisement

Sure hope there are some friendly folk here that can save me from tossing this thing (7280) in the drink...!! I am a copier service technician, and we use the bberrys 90% o the time for text messaging questions, part no's, directions, etc. I would like to change the "look" of the home screen for no other reason than its BORING...!! There are some interesting utilities, apps, that I came across on the net,,,but I CANNOT for the life o me get them to migrate into the handheld via the USB cable and running Desktop Manager...!!!!???

Can anyone help, or direct this ol fart to a good, easy, step-by-step set of directions..? I tried one this am, called Lightwaves abd StarWars. I got the ZIP files to my desktop, and unzipped to find these alx and cod files, which just sit there and Microsft cannot read them...! How do I get them into DM..? I KNOW I am doing something wrong, or missing a few steps, OR I'M A TOTAL FRIKKIN PINHEAD....!!!

PLEASE HELP this ol toner sucker find some peace.....!

Cheers,

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Newbie FRUSTRATED AS ALL HELL...!!!

Hello, when you open DM click on application loader, then you will be able to load them to your BB. Microsoft wont read .alx or .cod files, only your BB will. Hope this helps, let me know.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

One think to add is that only the 7200 themes will work for you BB. There only a few in comparison to the 7100 and 8700 themes that are available. Also, 4.1 is required for many themes.

PIN/ID
    201E7AFA

THANX A BUNCH FOLKS...!! NOW...I got them on the BBerry. how do I get them to work. They show up in the Options list, but what next...?

Unc

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

If they show up in the applications list, but they do not show up under the themes lise (even after a reboot), then it's either the theme is not compatible with the model blackberry you have or the OS isn't compatible.

Which OS and BB model do you have? Also what themes did you download?

PIN/ID
    201E7AFA

I have the 7280 and runnining v4.0.0.219 according to the "about" screen. I downloaded Lightwaves B 9pt., and Plazmic Theme Reader v1.1.0.14. I really like the look of a screen called "Orange" something, but not sure whw\ere I saw it or if it will run on this 7280....?

Cheers, Unc...and thax for your time

OldTimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3040B2F1

Looks like you will need to upgrade the BB OS to 4.1 and while you are at it upgrade the desktop to the latest also. All the software is at www.blackberry.com After the theme is installed you go to themes in options, click and activate! You are lucky so far though, I ended up with a black & white desktop after installing a theme and then figured out I need to upgrade the OS.

Good Luck!
    3040B2F1 on the Curve & loving it!

FMG7100 no está en línea Stack level 1

hey, i have a ques in relation to unclepine's first message. i can't seem to transfer .cod files to my BB either. the application loader recognizes .alx files, but not .cod ones. can someone help me. much appreciated...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Im not sure my explanation will be real technical but Ill try... In order to load a .cod to your BB you will need an .alx as well. The .alx is there to assist the .cod, without one or the other you cant load them to your BB.
    Last edited by cp6169; 08-25-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Nice post, Chris, technically correct, and explains it in simple language

Well Done.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles