Hi All... I'm a new Blackberry soon-to-be-devotee (as I am waiting for IBM to register ... General Blackberry forum

ebranf no está en línea Stack level 1

New User - Outlook vs. Lotus

Advertisement

Hi All...

I'm a new Blackberry soon-to-be-devotee (as I am waiting for IBM to register me into their Blackbery service). My question is as follows: my company uses Lotus Notes as their e-mail client which I am forced to use. I have been using a separate task and address book for the past few years via Outlook. If I use Lotus as the email client for my Blackberry, am I forced to use Lotus' taks and address book or can I sync with Outlook exclusively for task and address?

Thanks in advance!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: New User - Outlook vs. Lotus

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I too am forced to use Lotus Notes at work (I'd rather repeatedly jab an icepick in my eye). I synchronize my 1,100 contacts with both Notes at work and with Outlook at home. Warning: Notes will *#@'/( your contacts. It has replaced with no warning (no database locking in Notes) various contacts names, email addresses etc. I only find this out when I pull up a contact and find their first name is duplicated into the last name record, or that the first and last name wiped out the email address. I haven't seen Lotus Notes overwrite a phone number...yet. I love Notes so much that I use Outlook with the Outlook-Lotus Notes connector and will not touch the Notes client except for Lotus Notes items that do not work in Outlook.

The Blackberry synchronizes with the Lotus Domino server so anything that is in a location other than the server will not get synchronized.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Re: New User - Outlook vs. Lotus

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you
    Can configure the pim sync to use either or both apps under
    Configure pim it asks witch app and the path to the files your
    Syncing . I personaly use a combination of lotus notes seven
    And outlook, but I have had problems With duplicate entries after a Sync with a change in my address Book entries but not lately so I leave it alone for now. Heywood J

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D