Wow. Ive had a blackberry 7130e for less than 48 hours and it is the ... General Blackberry forum

rghost no está en línea Stack level 1

new user as of yesterday and some questions

Advertisement

Wow.

Ive had a blackberry 7130e for less than 48 hours and it is the best phone I have ever had. I will never return to a regular phone. The interface, appearance, form factor, and functionality are leagues above everything else out there, I only regret I didn’t discover this sooner. Anyway I might sound a little ecstatic cause I am, but I went through a LOT of phones over the last 2 months (long story).

So besides raving about the phone, I have a few questions as a new user:

Even though I have read all my messages, cleared voice mail, and viewed all missed calls, there still remains the little letter icon with a “1” in front of it as if I still have one to acknowledge. Shouldn’t this disappear (as it did initially)? What am I missing?

To install or not to install Desktop software: I will be getting “enterprise activation” from my companies exchange server, so other than charging the battery is a there a reason to install the desktop software? Is this how one would normally sync calendar and contacts? Do you experienced users have a preference? I don’t want to install yet another program if I don’t need to.

What is considered good reception in dB? Mine is constantly between -80 and -105 wherever I go, and I understand lower is better. Are numbers this high normal?

I put my own ringtone on there using the tips from this site (basically uploaded a shortened Mp3 to my website) - but its so low compared to the factory ones. How can I increase the volume? A search revealed NADA.

Thanks all!

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: new user as of yesterday and some questions

Hi RGhost and welcome!

I can give you advice on the desktop software, for standard activation, you wont need it. You may need it if you want to install extra appliactions. some can be done OTA, (over the air) but some cant. Also, if you want to backup your data from the phone you would use the desktop manager.

I have it installed but dont have it autorun. I launch it when I need it.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: new user as of yesterday and some questions

Welcome to Pinstack!!

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

welcome to the stacks

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're on BES (or going to be on BES), and won't add apps or mess around with the device code or OS, then Desktop Manager is virtually useless. Backups? The BES has EVERYTHING backed up, automatically, realtime, OTA.

Ringer too quiet? Whatever program you used to make it should be able to pump up the volume, so to speak, and then save and send it again.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're on BES (or going to be on BES), and won't add apps or mess around with the device code or OS, then Desktop Manager is virtually useless. Backups? The BES has EVERYTHING backed up, automatically, realtime, OTA.

Ringer too quiet? Whatever program you used to make it should be able to pump up the volume, so to speak, and then save and send it again.
    The BES does indeed backup mail, contacts, calendar, tasks. But it does not backup any other data you may have with any other apps.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

welcome welcome welcome!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

rghost, Welcome to PinStack.
    Even though I have read all my messages, cleared voice mail, and viewed all missed calls, there still remains the little letter icon with a “1” in front of it as if I still have one to acknowledge. Shouldn’t this disappear (as it did initially)? What am I missing?
    Try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) and see if it goes away. If not Open your messages list and type "H". This should bring up any hidden messages. Look for an unread message. When complete, Type H again to re-hide the messages.
    What is considered good reception in dB? Mine is constantly between -80 and -105 wherever I go, and I understand lower is better. Are numbers this high normal?
    You are correct, and yes these values are within the normal range. You may see a little Better Signal (more Positive) values and pretty much anything more negative than -105 is a lost signal value.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

nocman7300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BE46B

welcome to pinstack