Good morning, I am new to the world of Blackberry, I have had a Palm ... General Blackberry forum

cdelauz no está en línea Stack level 2

new to the BB world

Advertisement

Good morning, I am new to the world of Blackberry, I have had a Palm treo for many years now, both Palm OS, and Windows Mobile. I left because I have had enough with the unstableness of Palm. Too many unpromised updates and nothing. i decided to give the BB 8300 Curve a try, I have had a good reviews on it, and was conviced. I have the 8300 Curve. So I have a few questions, Thanks

1) what applications are a must for the BB
    2) what siz of Micro SD is allowed, I'm think of a 2GB.
    3) a good weather app.

Thanks so far, Im sure I will like the BB, I just need to get used to the whole new platform since it is different then Windows Mobile.

Thanks, Carlos.

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: new to the BB world

Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz
    Good morning, I am new to the world of Blackberry, I have had a Palm treo for many years now, both Palm OS, and Windows Mobile. I left because I have had enough with the unstableness of Palm. Too many unpromised updates and nothing. i decided to give the BB 8300 Curve a try, I have had a good reviews on it, and was conviced. I have the 8300 Curve. So I have a few questions, Thanks

1) what applications are a must for the BB
    2) what siz of Micro SD is allowed, I'm think of a 2GB.
    3) a good weather app.

Thanks so far, Im sure I will like the BB, I just need to get used to the whole new platform since it is different then Windows Mobile.

Thanks, Carlos.
    Welcome to the site Carlos, I think you will like it here. Alot of very knowledge BB users here. As for your questions:

1. I don't really run apps, just not enough time, so I will let others address that one.
    2. I have a 4GB SD for my Pearl. Got it on eBay for $60.
    3. I use Weather Channel and it works well.

So, there you go. Enjoy your BB and the wealth of knowledge on this site!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hey Carlos, Welcome to the world of the Blackberry. Depending on how much stuff your gonna want to store will depend on your SD size you will want to get. I have a 2gb for my Pearl. but if you can get a 4gb SD for a good price then go for it... Better to have extra space then not enough. There are alot of 3rd party apps out there. I guess you need to decide what apps you might use... what did you have on your Treo that you used all the time..... Handango has all sorts of cool apps. I'm sure others will come along and post some of their favorite apps you might want to look at as well.

Let us know if we can help you further.......
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

welcome

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

A good app I use is info space.

http://bb.infospace.com:80/fid/clien...&c=tmowap&r=ps

cdelauz no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks alot, Hope to learn more as time passes by, as for the SD card, I think a 2Gb will do fine.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Hi, I have a 4 GB card for my curve and it is not even half full, if the price is right I'd go for that. but a 2 gb card is probably sufficient. as for applications, I recommend Beyond411 and Google, Google News, and Google Maps, all of which are free. get the latest versions here - JerryD's Mini Version Tracker - All Apps Updated 10/5/07
    take a look at some of the other applications on the list, they may interest you. I believe there is a link to bBweather.
    I also use empower which is an html email viewer. it costs $10 and can be purchased here.
    good luck and enjoy, plus don't be afraid to ask any questions here because people are very helpful. I'd try them before customer service any day!

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

Beyond411 is a "must have"