Hi all Just got myself a bold and am loving it except for the email ... General Blackberry forum

ChromeOrange no está en línea Stack level 1

New to blackberry - email reconciliation on BIS??

Advertisement

Hi all

Just got myself a bold and am loving it except for the email aide of things.

How do I sync my emails with my Outlook? I have 4 accounts and it is going to be a real problem if sent items are not transfered to my outlook when I sync.

What I would really like is some kind of 'mobileme' service so it's all done OTA in real time (I know mobileme can be a bit hit and miss)

So is there anything out there I can use for full OTA syncing (mail, calendar, tasks and contacts) so it's all in outlook and all on my BB

OR

how do I sync up my email with Desktop manager??

Just to clarify,
    I'm using BIS not BES.
    I have 4 email accounts that I use and need to be able to send and reply from
    I have a Blackberry Bold
    I use outlook 2007
    Orange UK is my carrier
    I have tried BBerrySync, Fundomol and Unite and they don't do it.
    I don't mind paying a small fee for something that will do what I need.

TIA

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Only using BES (blackberry enterprise service) provides full OTA syncing. Do a search.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unite should do what you're looking to do. I think probably you just need to correct your E-mail reconciliation settings on the handheld. If you don't want them deleted from the mailbox when you delete them on the handheld (ie. only delete mailbox messages when reconciled with outlook), then change your settings to delete on handheld only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Unite should do what you're looking to do. I think probably you just need to correct your E-mail reconciliation settings on the handheld. If you don't want them deleted from the mailbox when you delete them on the handheld (ie. only delete mailbox messages when reconciled with outlook), then change your settings to delete on handheld only.

Unite doesn't sync with outlook which basically means it's bloody useless and definietly not what I want.

All I want is email reconcilliation, if I send an email from my BB then it shows up in my sent items in outlook, the OTA thing would just be a nice, hassel free, bonus

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    Only using BES (blackberry enterprise service) provides full OTA syncing. Do a search.
    I've done a search, lots of them. I can't find anything. That doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there who might have an idea on how I can keep my emails syncronised

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unite will sync with the e-mail servers (which is really what you want).

If you just want to sync with your outlook, then use desktop redirector built into desktop manager.

if i send an email on my blackberry i want it to show in my outlook sent items.

unite does not do that and it's not looking good for DR either

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use fusemail to consolidate all my accounts, and when sending from the BB, I auto bcc myself (check the box on the BIS website for your carrier) and it shows up in my Inbox in Outlook. I tried to get them into the sent box in Outlook, but RIM and carrier support said it can't be done. At least they're in Outlook, albeit the Inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    I use fusemail to consolidate all my accounts, and when sending from the BB, I auto bcc myself (check the box on the BIS website for your carrier) and it shows up in my Inbox in Outlook. I tried to get them into the sent box in Outlook, but RIM and carrier support said it can't be done. At least they're in Outlook, albeit the Inbox.
    yeah, I found this

theblackberryguy.blogspot.com/2008/02/bis-users-work-around-for-sent-email

(add. html onto the end - stupid forum rules)

which is what you are describing and includes a part about creating a rule to get the messages into sent items.

I created a seperate mail account just for the auto bcc and only oultlook checks it then a rule to move any mail on that account to my sent items

it does wht I want

OrangeResponse no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi there, I work for Orange and might be able to help.
    If you send an email with your contact details to customer.services@orange.co.uk with the subject of "Jonathan Orange Response" I will give you a call to discuss.
    Kind regards,
    Jonathan
    Orange Response