Just got a new Tmobile 8700 from my company. I'm running my corporate email on ... General Blackberry forum

ross0 no está en línea Stack level 1

New to BB email questions

Advertisement

Just got a new Tmobile 8700 from my company.

I'm running my corporate email on the BB. I've added a secondary personal email address running an exchange server (but do not believe it is BIS). When I added this new private email it created a second messages application. Thus i have 2 message applications. The first one receives all my emails (both my corp. & personal) while the second one just receives my personal email.

FYI- my personal email is setup in outlook as an exchange server: exch02.xxx.xxxx.edu But on my treo (old device) and now my BB I have it setup as an IMAP 4 with webmail.xxx.xxxx.edu.

I have 3 questions-
    1. Is there anyway to create a message application that will just show my corporate emails? The app. that contains my corp. also has my personal email addresses and it is very cluttered.

2. For some reason when I delete personal emails (I select from mailbox & handheld) it does not delete off the server and when I open Outlook on my personal machine or webmail via the internet all messages that I thought I deleted from my handheld, are still in my inbox. Is there a way to delete my .edu mail from the server via the BB?

3. When I respond to emails of my .edu addy via outlook on my desktop the original email that i'm responding to re-appears in my BB inbox as a new email. Anyone know why or what I can do to stop this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New to BB email questions

Quote Originally Posted by ross0
    Just got a new Tmobile 8700 from my company.

I'm running my corporate email on the BB. I've added a secondary personal email address running an exchange server (but do not believe it is BIS). When I added this new private email it created a second messages application. Thus i have 2 message applications. The first one receives all my emails (both my corp. & personal) while the second one just receives my personal email.

FYI- my personal email is setup in outlook as an exchange server: exch02.xxx.xxxx.edu But on my treo (old device) and now my BB I have it setup as an IMAP 4 with webmail.xxx.xxxx.edu.

I have 3 questions-
    1. Is there anyway to create a message application that will just show my corporate emails? The app. that contains my corp. also has my personal email addresses and it is very cluttered.

2. For some reason when I delete personal emails (I select from mailbox & handheld) it does not delete off the server and when I open Outlook on my personal machine or webmail via the internet all messages that I thought I deleted from my handheld, are still in my inbox. Is there a way to delete my .edu mail from the server via the BB?

3. When I respond to emails of my .edu addy via outlook on my desktop the original email that i'm responding to re-appears in my BB inbox as a new email. Anyone know why or what I can do to stop this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!
    I have limited knowledge myself but here is my answers:

If you press alt then clickwheel, and choose show all, you will see indiviual mailboxs, if you highlight ur corp mailbox, then alt clickwheel again, untick hide you will be see your individual corp mail box.

As for your personal email, I believe there isn't a way to do two way sync with BES account, although I might be wrong.

ross0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MAXSquared
    I have limited knowledge myself but here is my answers:

If you press alt then clickwheel, and choose show all, you will see indiviual mailboxs, if you highlight ur corp mailbox, then alt clickwheel again, untick hide you will be see your individual corp mail box.

As for your personal email, I believe there isn't a way to do two way sync with BES account, although I might be wrong.
    Thanks for responding. When I press alt and clickwheel I see the standard menu and do not see an option to hide or show certain accounts.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

1. Nope. But you can set up a search based on email account and bind it to an alt-hotkey combo. When you press alt plus the hotkey it will filter your messages to show you email from just that account (instructions are in a thread on this site, I'm sure).

2. Nope. Your personal email is set up via BIS (you can't have more than one BES account) and two-way reconciliation is only available on BES.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

To answer your #3 question (I hope). Log into bis, create a filter to not forward messages from yourusername@domainname. This should do the trick. This also happens if you have Gmail set up through bis.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~