Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anybody aware of any new suretype devices on the horizon? I've had my pearl ... General Blackberry forum

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

Question New SureType on the horizon?

Advertisement

Is anybody aware of any new suretype devices on the horizon? I've had my pearl for about two years now and I think it would be more of a lateral move to get a 8120 at this point. I like the suretype keyboard for its size and my honed skills in the art of "typing while driving and not looking at the phone."
    The bold definitely looks like a sweet machine, and that's the kind of jump in technology I would like in an upgrade. Because, like I said, going from a 8100 to a 8120 seems like too much of a lateral move to me. If I'm going to recommit with my carrier (or change carriers) and spend a few hundred bucks I want it to be worth while.
    Let me know if you guys have heard anything.
    Thanks!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    the "kickstart" is rumored to be here in December or something, that's the flip phone blackberry and will be sure type.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~flip phone.....boo....

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    Lance you kill me haha~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I feel you Lance. I got the pearl when it first came out in '06. My contract will be up next month, and in dire need of a upgrade. Going to a 8120 would not be worth signing another two year contract, just for a few extra features. You should just sit back and wait for that perfect BB; It's out there, just got to wait for it to show its face!!!!!

beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Maybe the 4.5 OS will hold you over until your next purchase.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    I feel you Lance. I got the pearl when it first came out in '06. My contract will be up next month, and in dire need of a upgrade. Going to a 8120 would not be worth signing another two year contract, just for a few extra features. You should just sit back and wait for that perfect BB; It's out there, just got to wait for it to show its face!!!!!
    It's called the Curve.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    It's called the Curve.
    Usually I would agree, but this user wants something suretype so there's really just the pearl or wait for a kickstart.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Usually I would agree, but this user wants something suretype so there's really just the pearl or wait for a kickstart.
    yeah but he just booOOOOOOOO the flip phone lol so unless they come up with a new pearl or something similar i doubt it.. plus rim seems to be more focused this days on the Full Quearty keyboard that what Lazardy or however you spell his last name said on an interview with wired dot com.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Thus the wink in my comment.

I too was a Pearl/suretype user and liked the smaller form factor. Tried an 8800 but it just seemed too big and square. Then I got a Curve......end of story. The best of both worlds, not too big and qwerty keyboard (who wouldn't want qwerty if size was acceptable).
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Thus the wink in my comment.

I too was a Pearl/suretype user and liked the smaller form factor. Tried an 8800 but it just seemed too big and square. Then I got a Curve......end of story. The best of both worlds, not too big and qwerty keyboard (who wouldn't want qwerty if size was acceptable).
    i agree went from pearl to 8800 then got the 8310 been in love since ha ha

PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~all good points! The pearl is my first non T9 crap phone, so that in itself was a transition....so in that reguard maybe a full qwerty keyboard will be the next transition for me to make. I'm just really fond of the limited button keypad. It seems to me like typing on the qwerty would be like trying to type on the computer using the "two finger" technique. Any comments on that?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~all good points! The pearl is my first non T9 crap phone, so that in itself was a transition....so in that reguard maybe a full qwerty keyboard will be the next transition for me to make. I'm just really fond of the limited button keypad. It seems to me like typing on the qwerty would be like trying to type on the computer using the "two finger" technique. Any comments on that?
    Two thumbs on a QWERTY with a little practice is f-a-s-t!! Your thumbs already know where the keys are from your SureType-

PIN/ID
    204D427F
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Two thumbs on a QWERTY with a little practice is f-a-s-t!! Your thumbs already know where the keys are from your SureType-
    True. Probably just take a week or two of pounding out some text messages and it'll be all good.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    You text and drive at the same time.......Have you no shame?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast