Just thought I would let anyone who is interested to know that it looks as ... General Blackberry forum

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

New Slydial App for Blackberry

Advertisement

Just thought I would let anyone who is interested to know that it looks as if Slydial has officially released their BlackBerry app. This allows you dial a contacts number and arrive directly at their voicemail. This will definitely come in handy.

http://www.slydial.com

It is free, but you need to sign up for their FREE ad supported membership. Originally Slydial worked by calling their phone number and manually entering your contacts number that you wished to call. This new app seems to allow you the option to Slydial directly from your contact list.

I am downloading it now and will let you know what I think.

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Tried it out a couple times and here are a few quick thoughts.

1) To activate you simply go to your contact and under the full menu is Slydial. Its that simple.

2) For those of us with mobile to mobile, or In-calling, or whatever your provider calls it you are out of luck. I realize it is a straight to voicemail app and your voice mail isn't going to be longer than the average 90 sec max length, but you are still using minutes nonetheless.

3) On a test call to my wife, I hung up before actually leaving a message. She called me right back and asked what I needed. I guess even though I went straight to voicemail it still logged me as a missed call on her phone. To me, this in someway negates the point of the app. I would rather people have to check their voicemail to see who it was that called instead of there being a missed call. If they are forced to check their voicemail they know the point of the call and not calling you right back asking "Did you need something?"

My 2 cents so far.