I have had the pearl 8100 for a year now and the new Curve 8210 ... General Blackberry forum

bkirk521 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Pearl vs New Curve

Advertisement

I have had the pearl 8100 for a year now and the new Curve 8210 is out now with AT&T but they also have the updated pearl 8110 coming out around the beginning of the year. does anyone have feedback on the pros and cons of each one?

thanks,

N1KON no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2526CC32

Re: New Pearl vs New Curve

Quote Originally Posted by bkirk521 View Post
    I have had the pearl 8100 for a year now and the new Curve 8210 is out now with AT&T but they also have the updated pearl 8110 coming out around the beginning of the year. does anyone have feedback on the pros and cons of each one?

thanks,
    Just 1 pro for me which is full qwerty kb

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by N1KON View Post
    Enuff said - I'll never use a SureType device again...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

I've had an 8100 since March...

I have seen both the new Pearl 2 and the Curve in action. There are not enough improvements in the Pearl 2 to make me want to stick with it... I will upgrade to the Curve when I can. Besides, I've had just about enough of suretype.
    **TASH*

“Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.”
    Maria Montessori <----- A very smart lady.

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I lived with the QWERTY pad of the 8830 from March to October and loved it. However, now that I have the 8130 I have to say that even though there certainly are times that I have issues with suretype, I've learned to appreciate it!

Like I just mentioned in another thread, I swapped my Pearl for a New Curve with a buddy at work for a day. Both have pretty much the same functions as far as software and surfing capabilities. The only major differences that I noticed were the larger screen of the Curve (not much though) and obviously the QWERTY keys.

The QWERTY keys on the curve are much nicer than on the 8830 that I had.. they are spaced out better and much easier to hit individually. The Curve is all the way around a better BlackBerry than the 8830. However the size and weight of the Pearl in my opinion is a winner. I'm a pocket carrier though, so the Curve is just not comfortable to my hip as apposed to the Pearl.

The Buttons on the new Pearl are styled slightly different and seem to be slightly raised compared to the old Pearl. The track ball is a little higher as well, not much, but you can feel the difference.
    Another feature of the New Pearl that I like that the Curve has as well is the side slot for the micro SD card! Much nicer than having to take your battery cover off of the back to insert your memory! I have multiple cards so swapping is something I do regularly. Also another nice feature that both have that neither did is the 3.5mm head phone jack! Extremely nice! Even though now I use my new ipod touch for mp3's!

Wow! How did I forget! Don't forget Video! The new pearl takes and sends video and there doesn't seem to be a limit as to how long the clips are! I took a few video shots of both friends and.. um other things, and not only is the quality great, but the length seems unending!

To me, I'd go Pearl! Visually, the new one rocks the old one.. check it out and enjoy either one that you get! They're both BB's so how can you go wrong?!

New one VV Check out the sweep of the key's visually nicer and easier to use. The feel of them are different as well.

Last edited by LPTruth; 12-01-2007 at 06:43 PM.
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Quote Originally Posted by N1KON View Post

I second that

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

I LOVE the 8130 but I am waiting somewhat impatiently for the Curve. I need the qwerty keyboard. Suretype is a hassle sometimes.

adamhosman no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: New Pearl vs New Curve

I like the size of thew 8100, my wife has it. it is a good phone. Personally I like the 8320 with the WiFi and the full keyboard. plus a 2.0 camera.

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

is sprint coming out with a curve? i think if they did i would probably switch from my 8130 although i do love my pearl