Today I received a 7290, purchased on Ebay from the State of Utah, it was ... General Blackberry forum

New Ebay Personal Best!

Advertisement

Today I received a 7290, purchased on Ebay from the State of Utah, it was auction 140151009220. (copy and paste the auction number into the Ebay search field to look at it --) The package sat unopened until 9:45pm tonight (my time). I opened the box, put the battery in the new 7290 and let it cold boot. I removed the password (typed in an incorrect one ten times), it wiped itself, and it reboot again. I checked for an IT policy on the Security screen, found one, and removed it. I then upgraded the OS from 4.0 to 4.1.0.377, uninstalled Help, the Browser, DOD Root Certs, Brickbreaker, and Tasks; and installed Plazmic Theme Reader, two Plazmic themes, and the free version of Ascendo Photos. It subjected itself to about a four minute cold boot. Then, using DM, I transfered all my data from another 7290. I shut the unit off, pulled the battery, installed my SIM and restarted the device. After it started and found the network, I used it to call my voicemail and fire off a couple of SMS messages to my kids -- at 10:17pm. 32 Minutes from Box to Use!! A NEW EBAY PERSONAL BEST!!!

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

Re: New Ebay Personal Best!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ want a cookie geek? Just kiddin, that's quite impressive, but wouldn't installing the OS and rebooting take long? And all those reboots..fact or fiction?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Not too shabby.

OS reloads generally don't take too terribly long as long as everything is wiped off the device and you aren't restoring a backup to it, so I can believe the time frame.

I had a personal best yesterday as well. A port from TMO to Verizon. From the time they hit the "Submit" button to send the request to TMO until I got the text message on the 8703 on Verizon was 8 minutes.

That's the fastest port I have ever seen. ESN swaps usually aren't that quick!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Good job

want a cookie geek?
    Yes. I love cookies . . .
    wouldn't installing the OS and rebooting take long?
    Like N8D88 says, there was no backup/restore.
    And all those reboots..fact or fiction?
    Fact. Reboot one: putting in the battery. Reboot two: After ya type in the ten incorrect passwords, the machine automatically wipes and reboots. Reboot three: IT Policy, OS upgrade, removal/installation of aps, done at one time, a l-o-n-g reboot. Reboot four: You have to remove the battery to install the SIM.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Boy, when got my blackberry I was hard-pressed to even figure out how to turn it on. I'm seriously impressed!

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it was just a joke

Quote Originally Posted by skunk22civic
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it was just a joke
    You mean you're not really going to send me a cookie?!?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    Boy, when got my blackberry I was hard-pressed to even figure out how to turn it on. I'm seriously impressed!
    This 7290 is my tenth BB -- I imagine when you're setting up your tenth unit, you'll break my record!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

I saw the auction. Looks like you've bought a few from eBay. What do you do with them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc
    I saw the auction. Looks like you've bought a few from eBay. What do you do with them all?
    Use some, give some away (my 18-year old son uses my old 8700g), re-sell them at a profit.