Aside from the "hot" going's on, going private, breaking up, etc. -- I don't know ... General Blackberry forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

New devices...what's next for BB

Advertisement

Aside from the "hot" going's on, going private, breaking up, etc. -- I don't know if the Z and Q are gaining traction, considered a failure, etc. I do think the Bold 9xxx series was considered a success, but it seemed to be happening at a time where BB was having other problems. Maybe, maybe not. I am not looking to start a debate, but I was more asking in the context of...what's next? New devices?

So...does BB offer a new touch-screen only, no keyboard device? Do they offer a physical-keyboard device with a touch-screen? Now, how about this...how about offering a brand new slider device? Just looking to see what people are hearing, get some insight, start a discussion, etc.

Thank you in advance.

BTW, not sure if this was the right room for this topic...if not, please move it to the right place...thank you...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    At this point, I think any hardware offering from BlackBerry is going to disappoint. I believe the Z30 is available as of today, which is basically a larger Z10, whose specs seem underwhelming compared to the other 5+" devices available out there.

With the company being in a state of flux, it's hard to say at this point what direction they'll take.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    in my country bb still have the cheapest LTE enabled device. bb is big in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    At this point, I think any hardware offering from BlackBerry is going to disappoint. I believe the Z30 is available as of today, which is basically a larger Z10, whose specs seem underwhelming compared to the other 5+" devices available out there.

With the company being in a state of flux, it's hard to say at this point what direction they'll take.
    I hear you. I am a tech idiot, so beyond devices, I don't know much at all and even at that I am a tech idiot. However, everyone lives on their devices so I ask a lot of questions.

Why does the next offering have to disappoint? Is there design, ideas, etc. that far behind everyone else? If they knew they struck out with the last few offerings, then suck it up and do better, do right, etc. next time. I know it's not simple, takes money and all that -- but they've been there before...a touch-screen only, and keyboard and touch-screen, and a slider.

The only way to knock it out of the park with people is to knock it out of the park with people. LOL.