I'm sure this has been discussed already but why new contact numbers going into business ... General Blackberry forum

tgmilazzo no está en línea Stack level 1

New contact number to default to Mobil

Advertisement

I'm sure this has been discussed already but why new contact numbers going into business # seems crazy. I'm new to blackberry but it seems like the 8100 is directed less towards business users than previous BBs so why not at least have the option for changing the default, seems like it should be a really simple fix...

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New contact number to default to Mobil

Tgmilazzo,

Welcome to the stack. Even though in theory it might be a simple fix. The work field is the default field for BB. This is why if you input someone's phone number it will place it in the work field when you select to save. If you want a way around this you would have to go to your address book >> Select New Address and input their information accordingly.

If you have any another questions please feel free to post.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

I myself used to be annoyed by this, but then I came to realized that the BB is a business tool. so it makes sense when you think about it.

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul
    I myself used to be annoyed by this, but then I came to realized that the BB is a business tool. so it makes sense when you think about it.
    yeah, u'r exactly right ... and i guess if they were forward thinkin', they wouldda had it default to mobile #.... or even BB PIN #? LOL

but seriously, it would be a great value to be able to pick your own default... across like settings.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by 714Rae
    yeah, u'r exactly right ... and i guess if they were forward thinkin', they wouldda had it default to mobile #.... or even BB PIN #? LOL

but seriously, it would be a great value to be able to pick your own default... across like settings.
    where it really sucked was when I moved my SIM from my (dead) RAZR to my BB Pearl. I had about 100+ contacts, and when I merged my SIM contacts to my Pearl address it took EVERYONES number and made it their business contact.

NOW THAT SIR.........was a drag to fix. Go through my entire address book and edit each entry. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

lol yeah I could only imagine
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

LOL!!! awe shiiite, that sucks!!! i feel for ya....

when i was with verizon (ppppppffffffffffftttttttt) my LG 8100 was brOkeN and i had to hand write ALL of my contacts from my cell phone... all 275ish of them. i was with verizon (ppppppfffffffffffffttttttttttt) so long, i just kept transferring my phone books as i upgraded my phone.

and ofcourse, verizon staff being such the informed techs that they are, said that was my onlyyyyyy option.

it took hours!!!