Hey all, i just got a new BB pearl. its under T-Mobile. When i got ... General Blackberry forum

aarond no está en línea Stack level 1

New Blackberry INTERNET problems

Advertisement

Hey all, i just got a new BB pearl. its under T-Mobile. When i got it being the computer savvy person that i am i got the 20$ unlimited BB internet plan, and started gettin on the net. i realized one time when i clicked home that it took me to a different web site than TZONES(BB HOME) which led me to realize that whenever i clicked browser it opened T-Zones. So i went into the settings and i changed the default browser from TZONES to INTERNET BROWSER. After that whenever i opened my browser it went right to BB HOME which is what i wanted. All of a sudden though i opened my browser and it just was stuck at REQUESTING. i figured TMOBILE must be down or something so i waited and tried again still nothing. i went in and switched all my browser config's back to default, switched default browser to TZONES and it works perfectly. Switch it back to default broswer INTERNET BROWSER and i cant connect. tried changing emulation modes and everything. i dont really mind because from the TZONES browser i can click GO TO and put in google or tinytube or whatever and it works fine, but something tells me i want that INTERNET BROWSER to be functional to get full use out of this 300$ phone i just bought. I tried to explain this good, and ive seen other people with the same problems here but theirs all had something to do with service books whatever they are, but i went in and checked all my service books it seems as though they are all there AND enabled. Take note i did not "play" with any settings besides default internet browser and emulation mode, which are now all set back to default.

update

how did i know that the 611 assistant would talk to me like i was an idiot. I got ahold of 611 they seny me new service books and had me go into host routing table and click register. i told her the problem and she sayd go into browser settings and set the default browser to INTERNET BROWSER. now this is just stupid because i obviously THAT DOESNT WORK. of course she hung up and i tried my browser and it doesnt work, so .....i guess im stuck with the TZONES browser. great.

umm

ok i got desparate and pulled my battery out, put it back in and after the reboot 10 email msgs came pouring through along with my internet browser functionality. got it fixed. well that was simpler than i expected=]

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    LOL - this would why be I DON'T like T-mobile for a data plan! Have heard about too many problems despite their "nice" price - I have ATT and any issues I have - not only can I call 611 but I have the direct mobile and email for the associate who sold me my BB. Good luck!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    aarond, Glad you got it fixed and sorry you had the rather goofy experience with their support. Usually, T-Mo support is well above average - you (probably) just got a trainee with a rotten attitude.

BTW, be aware that you can get a pgm called Soft Reset that's easier than a battery pull for rebooting and better for your BB too - get it here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com