Hello All! I am thinking about switching to a BB from my current phone. While ... General Blackberry forum

Dougjrs no está en línea Stack level 1

New BB user...Maybe?

Advertisement

Hello All!

I am thinking about switching to a BB from my current phone. While I do have a some knowledge I have some questions about how some features work. So here goes the list...I appericate everyone help in advance.

(BTW - I think that I am going to get the 8703e from Sprint, and my company has a BES)

1) Can I move my phone book from my A900 to the BB?
    2) Will my webbroswer be "hooked" to my company? Will I be able to get to my corporate intranet from the device, and will I get able to get to the internet without my comapny? (My company restricts some site, like yahoo sports, that I would like to be able to get to.)
    3) Can I receive "Picture Mail" from people that have the service?
    4) can I set the pictures as wallpaper and such
    5) Can I send a "picture mail" to anyone and attach a pict that I downloaded in interet or was sent in a message to me?
    6) Can it play MP3 files like a music player? (I see they can be ringers, so I was wondering)
    7) when I am in the office can I turn the email sync off and leave the phone on? for example does it have a phone only mode that I can use?

OK, that is it for now. Again, thanks in advance, for your help!

Doug

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: New BB user...Maybe?

Im not sure about porting your address book over. I do know you will be at the mercy of your companys decision on what sites you will be able to access. Yes you can recieve and send pics on a Blackberry. Mp3's im not sure about. My 8700g from Tmo does play them. Im not sure about the 8703 tho. You cant turn the email off. At least not on my 8700.

And Welcome to Pinstack.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Dougjrs, Welcome to PinStack.

I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

1. You Should be able to using the Swicth Device Wizard of Desktop Manager 4.2. If your current device syncs with a compatible PIM on your PC you can always do it using sync.
    2. If your connected to you Company BES, Yes, If not No. Will this be a Company BB or Personal? Your Company can limit what is done with your blackberry if your put it on the BES.
    3. Don't know about "Picture Mail" on Sprint
    4. Yes
    5. Only if Sprint has MMS
    6. They are currently limited in size, and the quality is alright for ringtones, but it is not an mp3 player.
    7. I think you can set it to not forward when connected to your PC that is also connected to the BES, but I'm not really sure.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Dougjrs no está en línea Stack level 1

It would be my personal BB, but my company would pay for the BES connection. I am sure that there is a + side, but the limitation on the web sites stinks. (actually on a 100% company device I can see the advantages).

So, do you know what it is in the box? BB, charger, cradle? clip?

Doug

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Yes doug, you got it on box contents. Which BB were you thinking about?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Unless you really need the mobile access to your Company Net and Email and your IT department won't let you forward email to an external device, I would not have a personal BB put on my Company BES. It's just to limiting when they start restricting websites that you can access and Apps that can be put on it. As you say, It's a totally different story when it's their device. If they think you need the mobile connection to accomplish your job, let them provide it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles