Thinking about giving up my 8800 thats scratched, scraped and well used up. Im looking ... General Blackberry forum

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

New BB coming soon?

Advertisement

Thinking about giving up my 8800 thats scratched, scraped and well used up. Im looking at the curve but was wandering if there is any word of a new model coming out soon? I hate buying the latest thing and two months later they bring out something better.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: New BB coming soon?

The next model is rumored to be the "9000". The big news here is that it's supposed to be 3G which means faster data, as well as simultaneous data and voice.

Some have said it may have a touch - to compete with the iPhone, but I won't believe that until I see it (I hate touch on a mobile device!).

No release date yet - but expected the first half of 2008 - possibly first quarter.
    JerryD

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

The latest news I have heard says the first version of the 9000 will NOT be 3G. We might have to wait until later in 2008.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah no 3g is a killer on that device for me. I think the 8830 is still the killer device.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    The latest news I have heard says the first version of the 9000 will NOT be 3G. We might have to wait until later in 2008.
    Do tell where? Absolutely every article I've seen says 3G. That said, it's ALL rumors, including the No Keyboard rumor.

I'll be very surprised if RIM eliminates the keyboard. Touchscreen doesn't work with TouchType, and serious BlackBerry do some hard core typing!
    JerryD