can anyone give me advice as to why every couple of days i lose service ... General Blackberry forum

bicycledr4376 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2950b

new bb 8800 user, having problem with sim card

Advertisement

can anyone give me advice as to why every couple of days i lose service ( i get "no service" message on home screen) and have to remove battery and sim card then reinstall them to get service back. i have at&t.

ps have latest os v4.2.1.79 (platform 2.3.0.74)
    Last edited by bicycledr4376; 01-29-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added os and platform rev. no.s

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: new bb 8800 user, having problem with sim card

Did this just start? Do you always have to take out the battery AND the SIM card? What happens if you just take out the battery? If you have to take out both I'm wondering if you have a bad SIM card. If that's the case I would drop into an AT&T store and see if you can try a new SIM card.

bicycledr4376 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2950b

this started about 2 weeks ago, and the sim card was my first thought too. i bought a new one and it still happens. if i just take out the battery, it wont clear up.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Since it doesn't seem to be your SIM card, maybe try logging onto your BIS and resending your service books and re-registering your HRT - on BB go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing table>hit menu>Register Now.
    Do a battery pull and see if this helps.
    Also after the battery pull power down the device for about 30 seconds and then power back up.
    See how that goes. If still getting the problem, I would call ATT and speak to them. They may need
    to reset something on their end for you.