...my wife's Moto Razr finally broke so i got her a used Curve 8310 so ... General Blackberry forum

stansoltz no está en línea Stack level 1

New 8310, Sim put all #s under 'Work' instead of 'Home' -fix?

Advertisement

...my wife's Moto Razr finally broke so i got her a used Curve 8310 so that she has an easier time texting. When we stuck the SIM in, all the contacts were populated in the Blackberry address book, but by default, the phone numbers all went to the 'Work Number' field versus the 'Home Number' field. This bugs her... is there an easy way to manage/move all the numbers to 'home'?

i.e. could i get my old laptop with Outlook and no contacts on it and synch with the Curve and manage that way? any other ways?

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Something i'd like to know aswell. I remember when i moved from my old razor to my other bb and had to copy all the contacts to the sim by hand what a waste of 45minutes .

I wish you luck with this problem altho i dont see it as being that big of a deal.

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know if there's a fix but it does the same when, say you get a number in a text message and you "Save to contacts" it will put the number under work. I'll usually end up copy and pasting it from Work to Home/Mobile. Quite annoying :\

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I guess the only fix is to physically type in the number under "home" or "mobile" in your new address entry for that number-very annoying

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    Not that it makes the work load smaller, but you can use the cut/paste functionallity of the bb
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by stansoltz View Post
    ...my wife's Moto Razr finally broke so i got her a used Curve 8310 so that she has an easier time texting. When we stuck the SIM in, all the contacts were populated in the Blackberry address book, but by default, the phone numbers all went to the 'Work Number' field versus the 'Home Number' field. This bugs her... is there an easy way to manage/move all the numbers to 'home'?

i.e. could i get my old laptop with Outlook and no contacts on it and synch with the Curve and manage that way? any other ways?

I had the same problem with my SIM. Additionally I tried synching Outlook as well as Windows Mail and got the same results.

After looking at available options and dreading all of them, I finally ran across this program:
    Google - ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor
    Simply download the free program to your desktop. Backup your address book then open the ipd file in ABC Amber and edit the numbers.

I had several hundred numbers in my phone and was able to fix them in no time at all.

David

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Ya. The real issue is that since RIM's history is with business users, they assume that the proper default number will be work.

I'm not saying I totally disagree as that works best for me, but I can see where it would be annoying and they should probably offer a setting to change the default at this point.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    One option would be use Desktop Manage Sync function and select ASCII file for the sync. export your contacts to the PC and open the file using Excel. Highlight all the numbers to be moved and cut and paste into the correct field. Save the file then use the Sync function to import the file back to the BB. I've used this for other data fields, so I know it works.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles