I enabled my firewall and set all ther permissions to allow, so I didn't have ... General Blackberry forum

motionxxusxx no está en línea Stack level 1

net_rim_bb_messaging_app Access Error Help

Advertisement

I enabled my firewall and set all ther permissions to allow, so I didn't have to tell each app that it could connect to data everytime that I wanted to use it. For example operamine, would always ask if I wanted to use data, now it doesn't. The problem I am having now is that every once in a while I get the following popup:

The application net_rim_bb_messaging_app has attempted to open a connection outside the firewall and outside the firewal which is not allowed by your IT policy"

What does this mean? This blackberry is for personal use and I have no it policy. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: net_rim_bb_messaging_app Access Error Help

You may want to back up your device and reload the OS

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: net_rim_bb_messaging_app Access Error Help

Quote Originally Posted by motionxxusxx View Post
    I enabled my firewall and set all ther permissions to allow, so I didn't have to tell each app that it could connect to data everytime that I wanted to use it. For example operamine, would always ask if I wanted to use data, now it doesn't. The problem I am having now is that every once in a while I get the following popup:

The application net_rim_bb_messaging_app has attempted to open a connection outside the firewall and outside the firewal which is not allowed by your IT policy"

What does this mean? This blackberry is for personal use and I have no it policy. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
    First off Are you on a BES? If not did you buy this phone used?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I know this article is a little old but I am having the same problem now. I am not on a BES. I was not getting these error messages yesterday, but I did a new OS install last night and now today I get:

"The application net_rim_bb_messaging_app has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

Does anyone know of a quick fix, or should I just contact my service provider?

Thanks,
    Josh