I have loaded Device Manager v4.3.1.11 and am currently running Desktop Manager 4.6. So here ... General Blackberry forum

ghardwick no está en línea Stack level 2

Need your help!

Advertisement

I have loaded Device Manager v4.3.1.11 and am currently running Desktop Manager 4.6.

So here is the BIG question...

When I go to >OPTIONS: >ABOUT: on my Blackberry Pearl 8100 device it still says that I am running v4.2.1.109 (Platform 2.3.0.85). How do I link my phone to say that I am running v4.3.1.11 (is that 4.5?) just as the Device Manager on my desktop states that I am...make sense???

Thanks for your help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What you're seeing on your Pearl is the DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM, which has nothing to do with DEVICE MANAGER or DESKTOP MANAGER applications on your PC. Those are applications on your PC to help you upgrade your device OS as well as do backups, restores, load additional applications, etc.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You're confusing Desktop Manager releases and Operating System releases - that's your 1st problem. You probably ought to go back to at least DM release 4.5 and I'd advise 4.3 until you get the two straight. Get one of those installed and THEN address downloading and installing the handheld OS
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

^^ What JB said, too!

Thanks very much for the heads up. So I will downgrade to OS 4.3, when that is done, where do I get the handheld updates from? What is the version that I should be trying to obtain? I apologize, I just USE BlackBerry's, I wish I were more ADEPT with them...

Here's the latest "official" release of the 4.5 OS for your device:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80830

There is also a BETA release of .69, but forum rules prohibit us from posting or soliciting links to beta releases. You can find it by googling "4.5.0.69", however. Here is a tutorial on how to do a device upgrade:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

Stick around PinStack and you WILL become adept with BlackBerrys! A wealth of knowledge can be found here. I learn something new EVERY day!

Here's a great place to start your PinStack experience:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/firstvisit.php

Roger

Thanks Roger, I appreciate your time very much. You have all been a huge help...now if only I could figure out how to turn my BlackBerry on...............

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by ghardwick View Post
    ..now if only I could figure out how to turn my BlackBerry on...............
    .................................................. ..........................................