My question has 2 parts. 1. Can verision users get MMS without a data plan? ... General Blackberry forum

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Need web based MMS sender

Advertisement

My question has 2 parts.

1. Can verision users get MMS without a data plan?

2. Is there a web or pc based MMS sender that would let me send pics and mp3 ringtones to any number?

Thanks
    Ben
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Need web based MMS sender

I don't know about Verizon's plans but I'm pretty sure you would need a data plan for MMS to function.

Also, I don't know of a "MMS sender" that would allow you to send pics & mp3's. The only thing most carriers offer is a way to send text messages (SMS) via their websites.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i'm assuming that verizon...well i'm not a verizon customer but based off all the other companies and the way the verizon keeps everything blocked, i'm going to have to say yes you do need a data plan to send mms. and no there isn't a web or pc based mms sender...i know t-mobile has a text messaging tool like that...but i havent seen one for mms at all

PIN/ID
    OICU812

ok, is there any way to get a jpg wallpaper or a MP3 ringtone to a Razr?? (*shiver* eeew) I'm thinking Memory card, but i dont know ANYTHING about the Razr
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Bluetooth it or connect the Razr to your computer like you would your BB. The Razr's have the capability to be hooked up and transfer those types of files from the PC.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

verizon disable's devices from connecting to one another. they can only be used for headsets and i do believe theatering (sp?) only real way is if you have a memory card, the othe way is learn to hack verizon software which is something i'm trying to do...lol

PIN/ID
    OICU812

hahah thanks for the responses guys.

Jonny, let me know when you get it figured out! It'll earn us BOTH huge points!

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

you got it boss! yeah actually it's pretty tough. i've been trying to do this for a few months granted i don't have verizon service so i've been borrow a few friends of mines devices and playing with them....i know that for a razr if you get motorola phone tools, and another program, i drew a blank but when i remember it i'll let you know but you can then play around with the hardware to add and remove programs, and you can play with the themes and add pictures and you should be able to add music files or ringtones on their. i did this a couple years ago when i had a razr but i don't have them anymore thats why i don't remember the name of that software, well enough of my ramblings

PIN/ID
    OICU812

you think the moto phone tools would let the datacable transfer the ringers and wallpapers?

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I haven't tried it but perhaps this. It looks like you can attach .jpg, .png, .jpeg, .wbmp, .mid, .midi, .mp3, .mp4, .wav, .wma, .3gp, .mp4

http://www.text4free.net/

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

google P2Kman, you will need a data cable but p2kman allows you access to the internal data base on moto v3, therefore allowing you to transfer the files from the v3 to the computer, then from computer to BB..hope this helps ya out.