Guys I've got a 8800 which was originally set for 02 uk but my brother ... General Blackberry forum

enzo88 no está en línea Stack level 1

need to reset original settings

Advertisement

Guys I've got a 8800 which was originally set for 02 uk but my brother went and 'unlocked' it to accept vodafone uk, but now I can't put my o2 sim in, it says sim card rejected,what can I do for it to get back to its original settings, or a setting that accepts my o2 uk sim?Its my first post on here coz I originally lost my password so I weren't an active user bt I kept readin all the posts! Just for administrator knowledge.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Enzo, If the phone is unlocked it will accept any valid SIM card. Once unlocked a phone STAYS unlocked so make sure that it really is first. To determine that, do the following:

Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card, then type MEPD. (If all items in display show disabled, it’s unlocked.)

If it is unlocked, then make sure your SIM card is still active. If it is a valid SIM it should work in the phone. It should be that simple.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

J, thanks for ur reply mate I tried that little tip you gave me it all said disabled but it still would accept, I've just returned from the phone shop and they've unlockedit back to normal settings but now I've lost simple applications like bb messenger which is a down side, do I need to update using the new OS?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can reload the BB Messenger by connecting to your P-C Desktop Mgr and checking the box to reload it and any other BB application - that's probably the easiest way.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Ur a life saver mate, I don't know how to thank you! Its my first bb and I'm slowly persuading everyone within range to get one lol. Thanks a lot mate!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You're very welcome. Blackberrys are a great convenience and usually become a necessity before long. Have fun with it!

ok j, heres a little problem which ive been ecountering since we last posted.
    lol, the blackberry which i was tellin u about has got business settings which is why i cannot add blackberry messenger or set up my emails on to it. it keeps asking for an enterprise email and password. is there any settings in which i can load onto it to bring it back to normal settings? remember when i said the guy at the shop reset it to normal settings? well normal to him mustve been setting it back to business settings.

Man! I'm lost when it comes to BES (enterprise) - never had any experience with it.
    Any BES user out there who can help this user?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think that means it was configured for BES. I remember reading a similar question around here (getting rid of the BES association), but I don't have a link handy. Maybe a BES expert will chime in.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Enzo, Is it possible for you to contact "the guy at the shop" to see if he can set it back the way it was when he showed it to you AND make sure the SIM works in there with the original settings before you leave the shop. Other than that, I think we need an expert with BES experience to help you.

Lol thanks buddy, I'll let u guys know!

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Download LJ_Cmder from this site. Install on your PC.

Connect your BB and run JL_Cmder.

Once running use 'Reset to Factory' option.

This will not wipe the OS. This will remove the IT policy and unlock the firewall. This in turn should remove the need to use BES. You can then remove anything to do with the BES.

I cannot tell you the options part as I have removed it alread from my phone so cannot find anything to do with BES.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    If what linux said doesn't work try here http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...move+it+policy

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3
    I found that the policy.bin method worked ok on my 8700 but not the Pearl.

Let us know how you get on.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I got the policy.bin method to work on my friend's pearl just fine. We managed to remove the IT Policy and get her browser back and all the other stuff that comes with Vodafone etc and change her password.
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)