I need to verify and/or make one of my six emails the default email to ... General Blackberry forum

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E

need to make default email

Advertisement

I need to verify and/or make one of my six emails the default email to send emails from?
    I did this when I first set up emails, but have since forgotten how.
    Can anyone post the process please?
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    To set your default e-mail address: Go to Messages>Press Menu Key>Options>Email Settings.

Beneath Message Services, select an e-mail address. The one you select will be the default.

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Thanks.

I tried that but it still sends from a different address at times. I have not found any reason for the change as long as I leave the enail choice at top [Default]
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I also have about 6 e-mail accounts that come to my device. Most people seem to have the folders for the additional e-mail accounts hidden and thus utilize the main Messages folder for all their e-mail. I have the main folder hidden and use each individual e-mail account folder to send and receive e-mails. Which method do you use?

If you're using the main folder method, then yes, your default e-mail address should always be the "sent from" e-mail address. However, if you use individual folders for each account as I do, then whatever folder you happen to be in, the "sent from" will default to that account.

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I use today plus theme. I click on messages. Hot menu>compose email and send it along. It varies what it considers default unlike it used to.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not sure if this is the cause for you, but I have my yahoo address set as my default, but if I email someone and use my msn email address....then the next time I email them, it will use the msn, not the default yahoo one....like it thinks that for that contact the msn address is preferred since that's the one chosen last. I like that since I know that for some contacts, using a specific email address from me is necessary to prevent me ending up in their junk folder.