Hi all. I recently changed companies and kept my blackberry (7250, v4.1). I need to ... General Blackberry forum

bfisher no está en línea Stack level 1

Need to change BES

Advertisement

Hi all. I recently changed companies and kept my blackberry (7250, v4.1). I need to "turn off" it's connection to my past company's BES and connect to my new one. I know how to connect to my new BES, but not to disconnect from the old.

I've been searching and can't find how to do this... can anybody help?

Thanks!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Need to change BES

Your old company has to release it from their BES, see if they will remove their IT policy from your BB while you're at it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

You should be able to go through Enterprise Activation and have it sync to the new BES. It gets all new information when it syncs to the new BES. This should also apply the new policy and remove your old 1 too. This should also remove any infomation from the old BES too.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    You should be able to go through Enterprise Activation and have it sync to the new BES. It gets all new information when it syncs to the new BES. This should also apply the new policy and remove your old 1 too. This should also remove any infomation from the old BES too.
    Seems that would work as well. I think the BB should still be removed from the old bes. Since it's still in the old one with it's pin, the old BES could re-send the IT Policy and reactivate it. Does this make sense? I kinda wonder how this works. Could the old BES talk to it again and re-activate?

bfisher no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the quick information. The first time I tried to activate with the new BES, it just said that it can't due to an existing connection (sorry, don't remember the exact wording). I should have tried it a second time... after reading this, I tried it again and this time it said a different message... something to the effect that I was entering a different email, go ahead and wipe the handheld and connect?

It appears to be working so far. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Glad you got it fixed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Seems that would work as well. I think the BB should still be removed from the old bes. Since it's still in the old one with it's pin, the old BES could re-send the IT Policy and reactivate it. Does this make sense? I kinda wonder how this works. Could the old BES talk to it again and re-activate?
    The old BES should not be able to talk to the BB. Since the Encription Key has been changed it would show that it has lost connection and should not regain connection to it after the key has been reset on the device.