I have been told you can hookup a Blackberry 8350i phone on the Boost Mobile ... General Blackberry forum

JohnRoberts no está en línea Stack level 1

Need TECH advice BB 8350i work on Boostmobile network ???

Advertisement

I have been told you can hookup a Blackberry 8350i phone on the Boost Mobile system, but no one can show me a site, and or TECHS that can like guarany it ? I want to hookup a BB 8350i to Boostmobile. I do not want to buy a $300 phone off of ebay that is unlocked, or not locked ? and to find out it will not work on Boostmobile's system. From what I have been told that Boost is also Nextel, and so it should work, but Boost offices say you can not do it ? I have been told that it is possable to make it work by privet people like ourselves, but how do I do it, and get all the features to work, as I was told by many people that only the calling, and Walky Talky part works, and but no Texting, No web-internet, and NO emails dirrect will work?
    As I want all the features to work . Anyone have any good Information, and or where do I go to get the information to make it happen ? Maybe some TECH site, or sites for information that will solve the problem. ? Is there another model that will work fully ? I have a Nextel pole close by my home, ( I heard that Boost uses Nextel poles ) and I want good clear service, as Sprint does not here. Plus, I wanted to have cheaper service than Sprint, or Nextel, as Boost is only $50 a month for unlimited - calling, web, emails, and everything. So a great deal, but they do not have a good phone like a BB or computer phone to use on their service. They have like a Slim Motorolla standard phone for $300. Lame compared to a BB. I hope that someone knows, and or knows someone that may be able to help me, and to help others to know the fix for my problem, and to help thousands of others that want to know this Question, and that may need the help as I do. Please Help me, and thanks for your help in advance. My email is davescashflow@yahoo.com
    Thanks, Dave

JohnRoberts no está en línea Stack level 1
    I guess that they call it the call it the Blackberry - CURVE 8300 model, but the one that works on Nextel is the blackberry 8350i model. and so this is the one that I thought may work on Boost Mobile ? Maybe some other models may work better ? I need to know what ones will, and how to do it, or find the Tech information to get the phone to work on all the features that the phone has, and not just to make calls only ? Can anyone help me,and or tell me who to get the information from, and or where to find it ? As I want to have a Computer or Blackberry phone work on the BoostMobile network, and for it to be able to do everything, as search the web, internet, text, get instant emails also. I hope some knows this, and or can help me. I am sure that there are thousands of people that want to know this answer. Thanks again, Dave

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoberts View Post
    I guess that they call it the call it the Blackberry - CURVE 8300 model, but the one that works on Nextel is the blackberry 8350i model. and so this is the one that I thought may work on Boost Mobile ? Maybe some other models may work better ? I need to know what ones will, and how to do it, or find the Tech information to get the phone to work on all the features that the phone has, and not just to make calls only ? Can anyone help me,and or tell me who to get the information from, and or where to find it ? As I want to have a Computer or Blackberry phone work on the BoostMobile network, and for it to be able to do everything, as search the web, internet, text, get instant emails also. I hope some knows this, and or can help me. I am sure that there are thousands of people that want to know this answer. Thanks again, Dave
    Sorry bro. It won't work for all of those things. I work in a store and have first had experience of a boost sim card bricking a 8350i. You will not get any of the data services to work on it (ie- email, txt and web), if you figure out a way- great you beat the system. And if the phone is reported lost/stolen you are really screwed. As of now, no PDA devices work on boost mobile.