Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Am Not A Bb Owner At This Tim, A Recent Purchaser Of Vz6800 (by ... General Blackberry forum

texgasman no está en línea Stack level 1

Need Recommendation For Bb

Advertisement

I Am Not A Bb Owner At This Tim, A Recent Purchaser Of Vz6800 (by Audovox) On The Verizion Network. I Am Not Real Compt. Smart Receive 50-100 Emails A Day And Run A Business At Home But Am Awy From Office Daily. Some Time As Long As 30days. The Emails Are Very Impt. To Receive And Some Have Large Attachements To Them. I Use Eaerthlink As Provider With Windows Xp And Outlook Express.

Any Rec. On The Bb I Should Get?
    Help Please
    Texgasman

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Need Recommendation For Bb

any will do. you did not list any feature requirements therefore all BlackBerry models will work just the same for your email. Your profile is empty so assume you still have Verizon, if so get the 8130 it is the cheapest they sell.

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

But if your typing a hundred a day you may want one witha full board. I use the 8820 and it works like a charm, just see what vzw offers. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I like the pearl, but I don't know what vz has. And if your sending a LOT of email you may want full keyboard. Good luck

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I am with Sprint and both carry the 8830. I love my 8830 and it does everything and anything I could need. I would say go to verizon store and look at both the 8830 and the 8130 and see which one you like better. Really it comes down to a fully keyboard or the suretype. Hope that helps.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

I think you should go with the 8800 series model i have the curve aka 8300 series, the 8800 series is what your probably going to need, the suretype on the pearl is awesome but if your sending that many emails you might want a full keyboard to use. I would have gone with the 8800 but i wanted a camera, if you don't need a camera go with that one.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    A full keyboard is a nice feature if you're a big emailer like I am, but on the other hand there are a lot of people who swear by suretype, which is what the 8130 uses.

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

I get 100+ email per day, I work for 2 companies, BB is the only one phone which fills all my need , now its on you ! !

~via Aswani-Berry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by aswanideep View Post
    I get 100+ email per day, I work for 2 companies, BB is the only one phone which fills all my need , now its on you ! !

~via Aswani-Berry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I TOO WORK WITH 2 COMPANIES . . I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS . IS THE 8830 A FULL KEY BOARD AMD 2 WILL THE 8830SYNC UP WITH WINDOWS XP AND OUTLOOK "EXPRESS"?

Quote Originally Posted by curve247 View Post
    I am with Sprint and both carry the 8830. I love my 8830 and it does everything and anything I could need. I would say go to verizon store and look at both the 8830 and the 8130 and see which one you like better. Really it comes down to a fully keyboard or the suretype. Hope that helps.
    PLEASE ANSREW:
    WILL THE 8830 SYNC UP WITH MY WINDOWS XP AND CAN I DOWNLOAD MY EMAIL ADDRESS FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS.
    PLEASE REPLY ASAP THANKS

cjburchfield no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21B2CF32

To the best of my knowledge, no, it won't sync up to your Outlook Express because in truth there's nothing to sync with. Blackberry(s) will sync with Outlook because Outlook has contacts, calendar, etc... (All the typical PIM functions). If you can't get Outlook, another great program that is free is Mozilla Thunderbird w/ Lightning plugin or Mozilla Sunbird. There's another post about how to sync your Blackberry with those.

Above all, visit your carrier's local store and get the look and feel of the phones. See how they feel in your hand, and how they feel typing an e-mail. Then, research them. You should be fully prepared to make your decision.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I am with Verizon and have had every type of "PDA" phone they offer I love my 8130 but as stated previously the 8830 has a full keyboard and nice build. The only difference I know of us the camera. None on 8830. Suretype takes some time to get used to on 8130 if you are used to full qwerty keyboard

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I never had to sync with outlook express but they sync wonderfully with outlook. I am sure someone here has answered this question but I looked and cannot find it. I have checked general blackberry forums. I will look in other places to see if I can find the answer and post the link

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Since you are using Outlook Express, you are most likely using a web based email service, perhaps from your Internet Service Provider. Express is not an email exchange or server, it simply downloads messages from an email server for you to read on your PC.

As long as your ISP is a fairly common provider, (or if you use yahoo, gmail, hotmail for your email) you should have no trouble setting up your BB to sync with your email.

Regarding the 88xx series vs. the 81xx series, the keyboard is a matter of choice. If you like the compact size of the 81xx, then roll with it. The SureType function takes 2-3 days to adjust to, but once you get thru that learning curve you'll be able to type just as fast on that as you can with a full QWERTY. I chose the 81xx because of the size and I have zero issues with typing out messages all day.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

get the 8830 woot woot

jk...

If you wanna look i made a review for the BB 8130 from sprint on my website

http://www.crackberryism.com
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast