Owner was trying to backup his BB. Error 507 pops up on the device. Wound ... General Blackberry forum

DHenderson64 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need old emails on BB8700

Advertisement

Owner was trying to backup his BB. Error 507 pops up on the device. Wound up wiping the device and reactivating with our BES. The BES will only send the first 200 emails or five days worth. We changed the defaults on the BES and now he has the last 750 emails. The owner has not done a backup since Jan 11.

Problem is that he is the type of exec who lives off his BB. He is desperately wanting all his emails, back to January of this year, back on his BB.

Short of forwarding all his emails to himself, can anyone think of a trick or hack that will allow me to be the hero and help him out?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good grief. Can/will he really read through all those e-mails?

There's going to be a device memory limitation on the number of e-mails that will be able to be stored and when it reaches that point, the device will start deleting them.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but just like TiVo boxes and the like, there ought to be a way to up the storage capacity on these devices.

The new 9000 will have 1gb of on-board memory which certainly helps, but even that might not be enough for this guy.

DHenderson64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hear ya, bro. And don't think I have not said something about it. But, he insists that he frequently uses emails that old. If he had his way, he would carry around all 12800+ of the emails that are in his Outlook inbox.

As to the limit. He says that they were on the device before it was wiped and he wants them back on.

You are probably right about the 1GB not being enough, but it's a moot point. He hates the roller ball, so he will not even upgrade to the 8300 or 8800 models.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, for your sake, I hope there's somebody that can help you out, but I think it's pretty unlikely the device held that much e-mail before the wipe and might even have been the issue that caused the error to begin with!

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Realistically, wont the BES start to 'cap'-out after a certain amount of emails. I have seen user accounts stop getting pushed to around the 750 mark.

Maybe try marking all emails in the account as unread, then reactivating him on the BES. If the BES will do it, it shouldn't know the difference and send the 'old' emails as new to his device.

I'm sorry your stuck with such a pain in the @#$ for a user. We can all hope that there is a special circle in hell for the incredibly ignorant like this.

Good luck man!!!