im trying to download 7130c 4.2 OS att to my 7130e sprint phone everything goes ... General Blackberry forum

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

need help with OS download

Advertisement

im trying to download 7130c 4.2 OS att to my 7130e sprint phone everything goes fine until i go to download to my phone and i get the follwing msg can anyone help the apllication ''inputmethodcorefulllibrary'' could not be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not avalible

net.rim.platform.inputmethodcoreminimal

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: need help with OS download

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    im trying to download 7130c 4.2 OS att to my 7130e sprint phone everything goes fine until i go to download to my phone and i get the follwing msg can anyone help the apllication ''inputmethodcorefulllibrary'' could not be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not avalible

net.rim.platform.inputmethodcoreminimal
    Let's start from scratch - only because that's an error message I'm not familiar with...

First, you download and install Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2. I recommend getting a version without Media Manager (which doesn't work with your device anyway). If you have any other version installed, uninstall it first.

Second, download and install the latest OS from your provider. Links to all provider's download sites can be found here.

Now start Desktop Manager and plug in your device. If the OS on your device is older than the one you downloaded, Application Loader should start automatically and offer to upgrade the OS. Follow the wizard to upgrade the OS.

Now if you're still getting the error, you'll have to wipe the device completely. Back up your data if needed, then download and install JL_Cmder and use the WIPE command. Note that this is NOT the same as using the security wipe on the device which only erases data, this will strip everything off the BlackBerry including the OS. Now Desktop Manager / Application Loader should be able to install the new OS.

Good luck!
    JerryD

We need to check this -- I'm hearing and reading that 4.2 is available only for GSM 7130s (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.)

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

thats what i want to know is it because its a GSM download the reason i cant finish the download

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You cannot load a GSM 7130 Handheld Software Package on a CMDA 7130 device. The Hardware is different.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    thats what i want to know is it because its a GSM download the reason i cant finish the download
    That's what I'm thinkin' --