well according to this forum the 7280 is not the best blackberry to have because ... General Blackberry forum

bbballer no está en línea Stack level 2

need help upgrading

Advertisement

well according to this forum the 7280 is not the best blackberry to have because its only 16mb I want to step up to a better one but I dont want the most expensive one it just has to have a few more things than the 7280 such as 32mb so I can use themes and that new os 4.1 and I also want one that can play real ring tones with words and voices I forget if thats called polyphonic but any suggestions like which models are 32 bit and such? and I also need one that shows you when you miss a call my 7280 doesnt..

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: need help upgrading

Try a 7290. It's a step up and will let your download OS 4.1. The price on them has gone down to around a $100-$150. Check eBay or your local area on craigslist.org.

thanks but which is better 7290 or 7100?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bbballer, neither will be all that you want. If you require Polyphonic ringtones then your only choice are the new 64 meg devices. The 7290 and 7100 series phones will only use midi ringtones. Other than that, the diferences between the two are format and keyboard layout. The choice between the two is personal preference and is basically up to you. The 7290 is the same layout as your 7280 and the 7100 is Portrait layout and sure type keyboard.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

well ringtones are not that important then I just bought a 7100 thanks for the help I have a question is it possible to transfer the old names and numbers with the desktop software of my old blackberry to my new one?
    Last edited by bbballer; 09-16-2006 at 11:22 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, Backup the old device, then restore that backup to the new one. Should have all your contacts in your address book on the new BB. Hope you enjoy the 7100.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles