OK, I have an 8100, which used to be on BIS, I switched to a ... General Blackberry forum

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need Help Switching Back to BIS

Advertisement

OK, I have an 8100, which used to be on BIS, I switched to a corporate BES, and two weeks later, the corporate IT policy caught up with me and I lost use of my 3rd party apps. I did a device wipe trying to reset to BIS, but it did not work. I tried tech support at the carrier, but now cannot send or recieve anything on BIS. Anybody have any ideas?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Need Help Switching Back to BIS

You need to ask your Admin to remove the BES IT Policy. Let them know that you are going back to a BIS setup and will no longer be using it for work email. If they won't remove it, there are posts in here that will instruct you how to remove it and return it back to your own BIS. Most important first step is to get Admin to remove you from the BES. Do a search for IT Policy and you will be able to find the instructions if the Admin won't/doesn't know how to remove the policy themselves.

Zo

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

From what I remember reading you are pretty much stuck at this point..maybe someone with more experience with this issue will come along and answer your dilemma
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

I would start by deleting all the Service Books that start with 'Desktop' and making sure that your PIN and email address are disassociated from the BES, that should remove any IT policies that may be in effect. What happens if you send an email to your BIS email address?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

None of that will remove an IT policy. You can either connect to a BES with an admin that will push a blank IT policy or look around for the remove IT policy instructions. I don't have the URL on hand but it has been discussed in a number of threads.