hello. i need help retrieving my info from my -no longer working bb pearl- (texts, ... General Blackberry forum

bugsblue143 no está en línea Stack level 1

need help retreiving info on bb8100 please help!!!!

Advertisement

hello. i need help retrieving my info from my -no longer working bb pearl- (texts, pics, phone numbers etc..) my phone turned off on me and won't turn on. i only get a blinking red light, (anyone know what that means?) im really new to posting here so im not really sure if this is even in the right forum. but tmobile replaced my phone for me-the only problem i'm having is that before i ship my defective phone back to them i would like to know if there is way possible to get my info retieved from my phone. (i didnt get to perform a backup before it died on me) :cry:. i tried hooking it up to the computer but it will not work. please help

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: need help retreiving info on bb8100 please help!!!!

I had this happen to me after attempting to upgrade my Pearl's OS to the OS I ended up with anyway LOL

Delete everything off your PC and start over from scratch (any old Desktop Manager and Device Software). You will have to replace any 3rd apps you have downloaded and installed.

Install Desktop Manager first then the Device OS. It doesn't matter what carrier it is as long as it's the latest OS available for your Pearl. I'm using OS 4.2.1.66 from TIM Italy http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/22967-heads_up_tmo_italy_8100_os.html

Delete the "vendor.xml" file. You will have to search your PC after installing it to find this file.

Connect your Pearl to PC and ignore the message that it can't find the device. Open Application Loader and it will have the new OS for you to install. Install that and you should be up and running.

Restore any settings you backed up using Desktop Manager before this happened (look for any saved backups). Reinstall any 3rd party apps you had previously.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-20-2007 at 12:47 AM.

bugsblue143 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: need help retreiving info on bb8100 please help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I had this happen to me after attempting to upgrade my Pearl's OS to the OS I ended up with anyway LOL

Delete everything off your PC and start over from scratch (any old Desktop Manager and Device Software). You will have to replace any 3rd apps you have downloaded and installed.

Install Desktop Manager first then the Device OS. It doesn't matter what carrier it is as long as it's the latest OS available for your Pearl. I'm using OS 4.2.1.66 from TIM Italy http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/22967-heads_up_tmo_italy_8100_os.html

Delete the "vendor.xml" file. You will have to search your PC after installing it to find this file.

Connect your Pearl to PC and ignore the message that it can't find the device. Open Application Loader and it will have the new OS for you to install. Install that and you should be up and running.

Restore any settings you backed up using Desktop Manager before this happened (look for any saved backups). Reinstall any 3rd party apps you had previously.

unfortunately this didnt work . i had to return the phone to tmobile this morning, so i can't try anymore. but i have a new bb and i learned my lesson. im backing up everything from now on. thank you for your help anyway.