Im in a crisis state, PLEASE HELP. I dropped my tmobile 8320 in the sink, ... General Blackberry forum

JROCK no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Need Help Please!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Im in a crisis state, PLEASE HELP. I dropped my tmobile 8320 in the sink, tryed to dry it out, but the damn thing is gone theres now helping. I went down to the local tmo store and picked up a new pearl 8120(just until i can afford a curve again). All of my old contacts and other information that was on my curve is backed up on me PC, but desktop manager is not allowing me to restore that information onto my new 8120. I dont know what to do and lost about 150 contacts... ANY IDEAS???

nezsem no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ go to each contact personally and get all 150 numbers back

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I take it you are not using outlook to sync with?

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Thats what it seems like.^^^
    Im not sure if you can restore a BB 8320 unto a 8120. Nor even another phone of the same model. But i hope you synced your addressbook with your PC...

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Do a device swap with the desktop manager. There is a device swap wizard.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Also, were your contacts on the sim or phone? If on sim put old sim in new phone then copy contacts to phone book. The device wizard should do the trick if not...
    "This life almost didn't happen"

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Check you're Model DM, for some reason I can't get 4.2 to work with my curve but it works with 4.3 and up.
    and since i upgraded to 4.5 on my 8100 , i can only use 4.3dm ..

Quote Originally Posted by JROCK View Post
    Im in a crisis state, PLEASE HELP. I dropped my tmobile 8320 in the sink, tryed to dry it out, but the damn thing is gone theres now helping. I went down to the local tmo store and picked up a new pearl 8120(just until i can afford a curve again). All of my old contacts and other information that was on my curve is backed up on me PC, but desktop manager is not allowing me to restore that information onto my new 8120. I dont know what to do and lost about 150 contacts... ANY IDEAS???
    If you did a full backup of your 8320, you will be unable to do a full restore of that backup onto your pearl. However, you can do a selective restore - in DM, after you've opened Backup/Restore choose Advanced and follow the prompts. Select only the raw data databases to restore - like sms messages, phone call logs, address book, memos, calendar, tasks etc., and that should work. Avoid settings, rms database, content store, options, things like that. If it doesn't work, then you probably are using DM 4.5. Regress a bit, re-install DM 4.3 or older, and you will be allowed to do the restore.